TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2021
I recently joined a new company and my role is basically exactly the same as my role at my previous employer. In the interest of saving word count by not repeating myself, would it be okay to write something like: "the tasks of this role were the same as my current role"?

I've been at my current employer for less than a month so there's not too much that I can write about yet regardless.

Reactions: GXA123

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
The structure is as follows:

1. a group exercise
2. a strengths-based interview
3. an individual presentation exercise
Thanks for letting me know! I'm guessing the presentation exercise is similar to a case study interview in that it requires you to identify and analyse an issue/set of issues and present your solutions to it/them?

I recently made a really detailed post here that has all the tips, resources and tricks that I learnt and developed while preparing for ACs- I really hope it comes in handy to you in your preparation! 😇 Let me know how you get on!

@ZaraB I thought you'd find this post helpful too!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone, I've got a Reed Smith video interview invitation which has to be completed in 3 days. But I'm having a bad flu (possibly Covid related, awaiting PCR result) - and having quite a sore throat. Question: Is it likely that law firms would allow a reasonable adjustment in such a case? And if so, would they allow me to complete the video interview at a later date?

(I have emailed the Grad Recruitment about this issue - I'd just like to hear about others' opinions before receiving a reply tomorrow!)
You can ask for an extension if you are ill. The worst that can happen is they say no to the extension, so you won’t be in any worse of a position than you are now.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I recently joined a new company and my role is basically exactly the same as my role at my previous employer. In the interest of saving word count by not repeating myself, would it be okay to write something like: "the tasks of this role were the same as my current role"?

I've been at my current employer for less than a month so there's not too much that I can write about yet regardless.
I’d really advise against this. There will be slight differences I suspect in the work or team and also the impact you will have in the roles, and so I would focus on those differences.

Reactions: George Maxwell

ZaraB

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 13, 2020
Thanks for letting me know! I'm guessing the presentation exercise is similar to a case study interview in that it requires you to identify and analyse an issue/set of issues and present your solutions to it/them?

I recently made a really detailed post here that has all the tips, resources and tricks that I learnt and developed while preparing for ACs- I really hope it comes in handy to you in your preparation! 😇 Let me know how you get on!

@ZaraB I thought you'd find this post helpful too!
Thank you so much Avni!! That is super helpful!

• Love
Reactions: AvniD
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.