TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS31

Distinguished Member
Jan 23, 2021
Just got this email from Sullivan & Cromwell:

"I write further to recent communications in regards to your application for a 2022 summer placement with Sullivan & Cromwell LLP.

The Recruitment Committee has now reviewed your application and for the short term, we would like to place your application on hold. We will consider your application further towards the application deadline, 14 January 2022, at which time we will advise you as to whether or not you have been shortlisted for interview."

What do you think this means? Does it mean that I am in some kind of maybe pile? @Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Just got this email from Sullivan & Cromwell:

"I write further to recent communications in regards to your application for a 2022 summer placement with Sullivan & Cromwell LLP.

The Recruitment Committee has now reviewed your application and for the short term, we would like to place your application on hold. We will consider your application further towards the application deadline, 14 January 2022, at which time we will advise you as to whether or not you have been shortlisted for interview."

What do you think this means? Does it mean that I am in some kind of maybe pile? @Jessica Booker
Yes - I think that is exactly what it is. They are probably either finding a higher standard than normal, a higher conversion rate at interview, or they are not 100% sure of their hiring numbers, and therefore they are holding your application so they can compare it against all the remaining applications that will come in between now and the 14 January.

Reactions: Rob93

WillkieGemma

Valued Member
Graduate Recruitment
Nov 4, 2021
Hi guys,

The Willkie video interview links will be sent this week, I was wondering if anyone had any hints or tips on what to look at? Also does anyone know how long the prep time/talking time is? Thank you @James Carrabino
Hi @IsaacDundas the email will contain further details. I will be sending out in the next hour or so. Thanks! Gemma

Reactions: AspiringTrainee

RS31

Distinguished Member
Jan 23, 2021
Yes - I think that is exactly what it is. They are probably either finding a higher standard than normal, a higher conversion rate at interview, or they are not 100% sure of their hiring numbers, and therefore they are holding your application so they can compare it against all the remaining applications that will come in between now and the 14 January.
Thank you Jessica!

m2001

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 24, 2021
For the Freshfields work experience section, do they only have the option to include 4 experiences? Should I prioritise the most recent first and then group together legal work experience to save space (i.e. insight events/open days)?

Commerciallaw

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 30, 2021
    NRF PFO post-WG. NGL I am extremely gutted. I have other AC's but NRF was one of my top choice firms. I thought that because I had passed CC's WG I would pass this. Goes to show that applications and everything is all hit and miss 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 ....I am very upset with myself.....

[Edit] This is my first proper application cycle...how did you all cope with being rejected from your top choice firms....because honestly I am feeling very deflated rn....

Last edited:

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    Hello! Happy new year all. I was just invited to Taylor Wessing's online assessment. I honestly have no idea what to expect (I keep getting told it's sort of like a 'game'). If anyone has any advice, tips or warnings it would be really appreciated! Have a nice day :)
    Congratulations!🥳 when did you submit your app if you don’t mind me asking?

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    NRF PFO post-WG. NGL I am extremely gutted. I have other AC's but NRF was my top choice firm😭😭 I thought that because I had passed CC's WG I would pass this. Goes to show that applications and everything is all hit and miss 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 ....I am very upset with myself.....

[Edit] This is my first proper application cycle...how did you all cope with being rejected from your top choice firms....because honestly I am feeling very deflated rn....
    Sorry to hear but everything happens for a reason! I was rejected by my supposed top choice firm last year but now have a TC at a firm that, in hindsight, is better suited to me. I learnt that it's quite important to minimise emotional attachment to any particular firm, as far as that's possible - I actually knew relatively little about my top choice firm and now have a TC at an arguably 'better' firm that happens to be more aligned to my interests and values. So take the day to let the news sink in and then move onto the next one, I'm sure you'll get the TC that's right for you in the end 🚀

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.