TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Yeah for sure. Hypothetically, say there are 1000 people that apply. Roughly speaking, do 25% make it to a VI?
It really depends on the rest of the recruitment process, application numbers and quality. For some firms probably closer to 70% of candidates get through to IV. With others it could be less than 10%.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
This is going to sound a very basic question, but I’m rather confused.

I am in my final year of LLB and applying to vacation schemes.

Am I supposed to be starting my training contract in 2023 or 2024?
There is no set timeframe of when you should start a TC. It could easily be 2025 or 2026 if you so choose.

The earliest you could start most TCs is 2023 though, given you need to complete either the LPC or SQE for them. However, some firms are building SQE prep into their training contract, and so technically you could start those type of TCs this late summer/autumn.

Reactions: Adrian_S

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Seth Meyers Ew GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Links ghosting is ugly!

GeorgieW

Dec 17, 2021
after a string of rejections I've been invited to Bird & Bird VI!!
super nervous as this is my first one - does anyone have any Bird & Bird specific tips at all? like maybe how many questions there are, whether there is a commercial question or mainly competency/the three whys, or just how they found it?
thanks so much, hope everyone is thriving today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.