TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lm450

Dec 27, 2021
I think White & Case said at their open day that it was okay to include the virtual experience programme in the work experience section of their application. Does anyone remember/know if this is definitely the case? I don't want to include it incorrectly!

Reactions: Ooshmate

User274302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2021
Are you studying at a university where your not formally assessed until your final year?
No, but I am in my second year and achieved a range of high 2.1s last year. This year I have achieved mid-firsts in my formatives and so I think it could help my application if graduate recruitment can see the development/upward trajectory if that makes sense? They're also a lot more recent and so a better picture of where I stand as an applicant at the moment. I could also just include my formative grades in the 'additional information/mitigating circumstances area instead and make it clear that they are formatives?

APPLE619

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
I think White & Case said at their open day that it was okay to include the virtual experience programme in the work experience section of their application. Does anyone remember/know if this is definitely the case? I don't want to include it incorrectly!
I attended the open day and can confirm they said we can put virtual experience programmes in the work experience section :)

Reactions: lm450 and GXA123

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
Mine updated in December and I heard nothing. I emailed to ask if I missed anything and they said no 💀
If you don't mind me asking, what did they mean when they said no? Have they still not made decisions on AC offers? Just curious because a lot of people are waiting to hear back from them post-WG.

anon123456789

Valued Member
  • Oct 25, 2021
    HSF spring pfo, this was my first app done before I knew anything/attended any firm events so I was expecting it!
    As long as you know why you were rejected/confident you grew out of that phase I think we'll all be alright:)
    Such a good attitude to have! Onwards and upwards, best of luck for future apps 🤞 🤞 🤞 🥳 🥳

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    If you don't mind me asking, what did they mean when they said no? Have they still not made decisions on AC offers? Just curious because a lot of people are waiting to hear back from them post-WG.
    Hey sorry, so I emailed asking for an update on when I might hear back in case I had missed any emails and they said I hadn't missed anything and they're still reviewing applications. Just checked back and my application updated on 24th November and I haven't heard anything

Reactions: skmx and Dwight

Donuttime

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    May 17, 2021
    Can anyone please explain what is going on with DLA Piper re AC invites. It seems a lot of people's portals are being updated but no news.

Has anyone had theirs updated in (mid) December and heard anything?
    Last year a lot of peoples portal got updated and heard nothing back. When they emailed they found out whether they had progressed or not. DLA’s system sometimes doesn’t send out emails to certain email addresses. I know last year some email addresses didn’t receive their rejection email all they got was an updated portal.

I say all of that to say, if your portal has been updated and you haven’t heard back, email grad rec. I don’t want to be negative and say you might have been rejected but if you haven’t received the email and your portal has been updated, it’s worth looking into. Last year a lot of peoples portal were updated only for them to email grad Rev and find out they have been rejected and didn’t hear back because the system made a mistake

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Lawfulx and Dwight

LawfulRust00

Legendary Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    Last year a lot of peoples portal got updated and heard nothing back. When they emailed they found out whether they had progressed or not. DLA’s system sometimes doesn’t send out emails to certain email addresses. I know last year some email addresses didn’t receive their rejection email all they got was an updated portal.

I say all of that to say, if your portal has been updated and you haven’t heard back, email grad rec. I don’t want to be negative and say you might have been rejected but if you haven’t received the email and your portal has been updated, it’s worth looking into. Last year a lot of peoples portal were updated only for them to email grad Rev and find out they have been rejected and didn’t hear back because the system made a mistake
    On this basis, if your profile hasn't been updated yet, could this be a good sign? Perhaps I'm clutching at straws 😂😂

Reactions: Donuttime
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.