TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Does anyone know the specific requirements of the V&E cover letter? Can't seem to find it anywhere. I.e. length (word count if there is any), who is it addressed too, etc.

Must be addressed to the Training Principal, Andrew Nealon. And while there's no word count, they want you to remain within 2 A4 pages. Got this information from the graduate recruitment team.

Reactions: M991 and 21wajsz

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Sorry I haven’t found any info on this online. Approx how much time does the verbal reasoning take and how is it different from WG? Thank you in advance !! :)
It takes about 30-35 mins and is much more straightforward than the WG - just a few passages and questions based on the same 🙂

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
I've just applied to 7 firms and feel like it's drained all my energy and time😭 like how do people manage to do 20+???😭
Everybody has different goals, capacities and timelines in their application journey. One of the most toxic things I did was compare how many applications I made in comparison to everybody else, not realising that all it takes is for just that one application to work out. Seven is a commendable number- absolutely acceptable to take a break now to re-energise for the rest of the application process.

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Everybody has different goals, capacities and timelines in their application journey. One of the most toxic things I did was compare how many applications I made in comparison to everybody else, not realising that all it takes is for just that one application to work out. Seven is a commendable number- absolutely acceptable to take a break now to re-energise for the rest of the application process.
    Plus if you apply to too many firms you risk losing quality and burning yourself out!

Its true that it’s a numbers game, but it’s also about quality. Don’t compare yourself to others and just focus on the quality applications that you’ve most likely put out there!

High numbers of applications also means an insane amount of due diligence. Imagine you have 5 interviews all within a small time period.. preparing for them all and learning as much as you can about each firm would be a nightmare!

Be kind to yourselves. Do as much or as little as you can handle, not what you think others can or cant. You all know yourselves best!

Reactions: Adrian_S
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.