TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Anyone know which firms actually prioritise RG/Oxbridge grads?

I understand that there is a huge misconception that firms prioritise RG candidates when in reality this is largely incorrect. However, does anyone know of firms that actively do engage in this practise?

i.e. Sherman and sterling have 4% non RG trainees.

Reactions: GXA123

Erwin Attle

Standard Member
    Dec 19, 2021
    Hogan Lovells PFO post WG. I did feel the WG went awfully so was sort of expected - onwards and upwards :)

Am i still able to request my WG score?
    Got a lovely PFO from Hogan Lovells aswell. But I thought I did well on the WG.
    In fact I asked for and received the WG report from Linklaters after their PFO from the winter vac, and I did exceptionally well, so what the heck were they looking for?
    I'd be interested in getting a WG report for Hogan Lovells too, but I can't find the relevant contact info.

Donuttime

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    May 17, 2021
    Hogan Lovells PFO post WG. I did feel the WG went awfully so was sort of expected - onwards and upwards :)

Am i still able to request my WG score?
    Got a lovely PFO from Hogan Lovells aswell. But I thought I did well on the WG.
    In fact I asked for and received the WG report from Linklaters after their PFO from the winter vac, and I did exceptionally well, so what the heck were they looking for?
    I'd be interested in getting a WG report for Hogan Lovells too, but I can't find the relevant contact info.
    Sorry about that
    If you don’t mind me asking, when did you complete the WG?

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Anyone know which firms actually prioritise RG/Oxbridge grads?

I understand that there is a huge misconception that firms prioritise RG candidates when in reality this is largely incorrect. However, does anyone know of firms that actively do engage in this practise?

i.e. Sherman and sterling have 4% non RG trainees.
    Legal Cheek is a good place to find out this but I will say that most US law firms do this and Kirkland I think to do this but I may be wrong here.

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Legal Cheek is a good place to find out this but I will say that most US law firms do this and Kirkland I think to do this but I may be wrong here.
    I understand the Legal Cheek percentages, but they are often misconstrued as favouritism.

for example less non RG universities apply, arent lectured on how to apply well to firms, and less non RG students wish to peruse careers in commercial law. In fact it’s been stated many times than non RG applications are just weaker than RG students in general.

I was wondering whether anyone knew of any firms that do specifically cherry pick universities.

I come from a high ranked in law (but not so high overall) non-RG university and want to maximise my time applying to firms where I will actually be considered for my abilities, not the name of my university so just looking for the last few before this cycle ends!

Reactions: WillF
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.