Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    I was just going through e-mails from Linklaters when I did my winter vac scheme app
    - 5 days to complete the Linklaters Online Capp Assesment (after submitting my application)
    - 5 days to complete the Watson Glaser Test (after completing Capp Assesment)

I believe both of those have to be completed by the deadline as my first e-mail stated:
    "You will shortly be invited to undertake two further assessments as part of the application process. The first is a skills-based online assessment and the second is the Watson Glaser test (...) Please note, you must complete the Linklaters online assessment before the application deadline."

Hope this helps!

Ar2016

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 2, 2019
    There is a mini Watson Glaser of sorts in their personality questionnaire (24 questions not timed) but I think the real WG they gave you after this stage is probably timed like it usually is. Happy for someone to further clarify this I have not started the actual WG for Linklaters yet

Lawyerwithadream

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 8, 2019
    Hi Emina. I applied for the winter vac scheme, so I don't remember everything about the application process, but I hope this helps:

1) I also attended school outside of the UK and I wasn't able to detail my qualifications in the application process, I just had to stick to 'other'. If I remember correctly, the only qualifications I provided were for my university.

2) You are only asked to provide work experience information if you receive an invitation to an AC. For now, just focus on sending the application form and completing the online tests!
    Hi :) Did you detail your qualification for your when you were 14-16? i.e marks?

Thanks,

Judy

W

Legendary Member
    May 12, 2019
    How do you prepare for the linklaters tests? Like is the Capp test something you can prepare for and is there a mini Watson Glaser test and then a proper Watson Glaser test?

Biena

Distinguished Member
    Nov 11, 2019
    How do you prepare for the linklaters tests? Like is the Capp test something you can prepare for and is there a mini Watson Glaser test and then a proper Watson Glaser test?

I think others have answered this in the thread, but the Capps test is not something you can prepare for as it's basically situational judgment and how you would personally react to something. Obviously you can prepare for the mini WG and normal WG as you would with anything else.

W

Legendary Member
    May 12, 2019
    I think others have answered this in the thread, but the Capps test is not something you can prepare for as it's basically situational judgment and how you would personally react to something. Obviously you can prepare for the mini WG and normal WG as you would with anything else.
    Yeah, I think most questions have already been answered on the thread but thanks anyways!

J Malone

Valued Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Hi all,

I have just got the feedback of my Capp assessment and it said that my strengths are 'critical thinking' and 'working with others' while my weakness is 'excellence'.

I feel worried because excellence is surely one of the most important factors of a solicitor but I scored the lowest.

Among the firm's Agile Mindset Framework, which may be the most important?

Thanks

Demna87

Distinguished Member
    Aug 23, 2018
    Hi all,

I have just got the feedback of my Capp assessment and it said that my strengths are 'critical thinking' and 'working with others' while my weakness is 'excellence'.

I feel worried because excellence is surely one of the most important factors of a solicitor but I scored the lowest.

Among the firm's Agile Mindset Framework, which may be the most important?

Thanks
    I don't think you should worry. I think it's really good that your strength was critical thinking, but with that being said you can't tell if you did good or bad from your report. From what I understand though your weakness was excellence, you could well have still scored strongly in that area in comparison to other candidates.

Also, I'm sure I saw someone on the student room had excellence as a weakness and they made it to AC.

We will just have to wait until they start sending out decision emails I think.

Reactions: J Malone

J Malone

Valued Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I don't think you should worry. I think it's really good that your strength was critical thinking, but with that being said you can't tell if you did good or bad from your report. From what I understand though your weakness was excellence, you could well have still scored strongly in that area in comparison to other candidates.

Also, I'm sure I saw someone on the student room had excellence as a weakness and they made it to AC.

We will just have to wait until they start sending out decision emails I think.

Thank you so much! I am waiting for the result of my WG...!!!

J Malone

Valued Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    You have to ask for the WG normally @J Malone @Soliha
    lol... I did ask and the WG result was terrible. I am below the average ... I think I would not be able to be invited ...!!!
    BTW what is the meaning of T-score, STANINE score and STEN score?
    I think my result is quite weird; since my critical thinking has been ranked as the strength at Capp test but my WG test is so low....

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.