Linklaters 2019/20 Application

alohalo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Just got a PFO for the Winter VS.

I'm really sorry to hear that - Winter Schemes are much more competitive than other schemes it seems (with graduates and all). Dont be disheartened, sometimes it will be a matter of applying for a range of schemes and firms - best of luck!! Do you mind asking when you applied or when you completed WG?

Paralegal178

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
May 27, 2019
Hi guys, for those who applied to Links already using the new system - are we only allowed to submit max 3 cases of work experience?

I clicked on 'complete' thinking it meant the work exp section was complete but I've far from completed the first stage. Yet I got the email saying 'many thanks for applying to ...' - has that really been submitted just like that?

Yeah I think you can only submit 3!

gigi23

Distinguished Member
Jan 18, 2019
I'm really sorry to hear that - Winter Schemes are much more competitive than other schemes it seems (with graduates and all). Dont be disheartened, sometimes it will be a matter of applying for a range of schemes and firms - best of luck!! Do you mind asking when you applied or when you completed WG?

Thank you for your kind words! It's a little disheartening because my results for the WG was quite good so I thought I stood a chance with the new process (and I'm actually a graduate). But that's just how it is, on to the next one for me :)
I applied on September 25th and did the WG on September 27th!

alohalo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Thank you for your kind words! It's a little disheartening because my results for the WG was quite good so I thought I stood a chance with the new process (and I'm actually a graduate). But that's just how it is, on to the next one for me :)
I applied on September 25th and did the WG on September 27th!

Same with me, just received mine too - my WG score was very good too. Oh well, next! :) :)

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Thank you lovely. Sorry to hear about the rejection, they’re never nice. Hope your other apps are progressing well!

Thank you! Really need to submit more!

How does it work? Do you just have to do AC then?

No, I think my test results will be assessed alongside the other spring/summer VS applicants. So although I didn't reach the threshold this time, I might do next time. I have not heard of this practice before...

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    I think I just got straight up rejected. My WG scores are generally and will always be pretty average because I have a slight disability so that's quite meh. I guess they've got to filter out applicants somehow. It does feel slightly frustrating because I feel like I was rejected without even being given a chance to explain why I would even be worth considering for the role.

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    I think I just got straight up rejected. My WG scores are generally and will always be pretty average because I have a slight disability so that's quite meh. I guess they've got to filter out applicants somehow. It does feel slightly frustrating because I feel like I was rejected without even being given a chance to explain why I would even be worth considering for the role.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Have you tried contacting graduate recruitment in advance of taking Watson Glaser tests to explain more about your disability?

You can also request your score from Linklaters. Some people had very high scores and were not invited to the AC.

I think they were looking for a specific profile of candidate by using the CAPP test method. After that, I expect that the best Watson Glaser scores from the candidates that met the personality profile were selected. That is just my guess...

Last edited:
    Reactions: J Malone

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    I'm sorry to hear that.

Have you tried contacting graduate recruitment in advance of taking Watson Glaser tests to explain more about your disability?

You can also request your score from Linklaters. Some people had very high scores and were not invited to the AC.

I think they were looking for a specific profile of candidate by using the CAPP test method. After that, I expect that the best Watson Glaser scores from the candidates that met the personality profile were selected. That is just my guess...

I think I'll have to do that then!

I do generally ask for it, yes. One thing I would note about extra time is that for people who have to use it, it isn't really extra time. From experience, I always end up going right down to the last second and it can feel just as fast-paced as doing a normal test.

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    I think I'll have to do that then!

I do generally ask for it, yes. One thing I would note about extra time is that for people who have to use it, it isn't really extra time. From experience, I always end up going right down to the last second and it can feel just as fast-paced as doing a normal test.

Definitely request your report. Then you can figure out what areas you need to work on most.

Have you signed up to any practice sites? I signed up to Job Test Prep and Assessment Day and worked through tests on there for weeks. It really helps.

I understand you have a disability so I don't know whether this would help, but my tactic is to pick one or two sections of the WG that I am naturally okay at and MASTER them. I always do terribly on the True/Probably True/Cannot say/Probably False/False section so I don't slow myself down on those sections as I know I will probably get them wrong anyway. I make up for it in other areas that I am much better at. This has enabled me to pass the WG stage with three firms including Clifford Chance. It's hard to tell if I passed Linklaters because of the other tests, but I was in the 65% percentile. Hopefully the more you practice the faster you will get.

Good luck.

Last edited:

AlRJ

Esteemed Member
    Jun 23, 2019
    Hi there,

Can someone confirm whether you are instantly invited to take the CAP assessment once you have submitted the application or are you sent the link a few days later?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.