Linklaters 2019/20 Application

JoNo

Legendary Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hi there,

Can someone confirm whether you are instantly invited to take the CAP assessment once you have submitted the application or are you sent the link a few days later?

Yes, it's instantly as soon as you register for the chosen scheme. They only send a link after for the WG test. Hope that helps.

Reactions: AlRJ

Biena

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi

Anyone who has completed the application -

Is there anything that can be done to prepare for the CAPP assessment? What sort of questions are they?
Is it timed?
And does the 5-day deadline for the Watson Glaser test begin upon completion of the CAPP assessment?

Just want to make sure I go in with the best mindset possible.
Thanks

Nothing that can be done to prepare for the CAPP as it's situational judgment. And yes, the 5 day deadline for WG begins upon completion of the first test.

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Hi

Anyone who has completed the application -

Is there anything that can be done to prepare for the CAPP assessment? What sort of questions are they?
    Is it timed?
    And does the 5-day deadline for the Watson Glaser test begin upon completion of the CAPP assessment?

Just want to make sure I go in with the best mindset possible.
    Thanks

There is pretty much no way of preparing. They are all scenario-based questions. I personally have not found that traditional SJT practice sites help much with law firm SJT's but if you haven't done any SJT practice I would probably do a few.

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Ah ok.

I might just do a couple of SJT practices just to stimulate the way of thinking at least.

Any examples of the sort of question the CAPP test involves? Are they similar to that of the WG or are they simply a "What would you do in this scenario" type thing?

Thanks

"What would you do in this scenario" questions!

There is a sliding counter if I remember rightly, where you indicate which way you are more likely to lean in a certain scenario. I genuinely cannot remember the exact questions as there were loads, but I remember finding it quite tough because in reality I would probably do a number of things, not just one. Plus I always need more context. But that's just me!

The good thing is that it isn't timed.

Good luck!

Emina

Star Member
    Jul 16, 2019
    Hey everyone! I am just in the process of applying for the spring vacation scheme at Linklaters, and am wondering if anyone would be willing to advise me on the following questions:

1) Is the "secondary education" section (which is on the same page as the "undergraduate education" section) only included for the purpose of contextual recruitment? I attended high school outside the UK, and was unable to save my qualification, let alone break down my module results.

2) I saw that some people in this thread mentioned that you are only able to enter 3 instances of work experience - however, my application form did not have any section for work experience! Have I missed something?

Would be very grateful for any tips/help :) best of luck to all of you with your applications!

aacesa

Nov 18, 2019
    Hey everyone! I am just in the process of applying for the spring vacation scheme at Linklaters, and am wondering if anyone would be willing to advise me on the following questions:

1) Is the "secondary education" section (which is on the same page as the "undergraduate education" section) only included for the purpose of contextual recruitment? I attended high school outside the UK, and was unable to save my qualification, let alone break down my module results.

2) I saw that some people in this thread mentioned that you are only able to enter 3 instances of work experience - however, my application form did not have any section for work experience! Have I missed something?

Would be very grateful for any tips/help :) best of luck to all of you with your applications!

Hi Emina. I applied for the winter vac scheme, so I don't remember everything about the application process, but I hope this helps:

1) I also attended school outside of the UK and I wasn't able to detail my qualifications in the application process, I just had to stick to 'other'. If I remember correctly, the only qualifications I provided were for my university.

2) You are only asked to provide work experience information if you receive an invitation to an AC. For now, just focus on sending the application form and completing the online tests!

Emina

Star Member
    Jul 16, 2019
    Hi Emina. I applied for the winter vac scheme, so I don't remember everything about the application process, but I hope this helps:

1) I also attended school outside of the UK and I wasn't able to detail my qualifications in the application process, I just had to stick to 'other'. If I remember correctly, the only qualifications I provided were for my university.

2) You are only asked to provide work experience information if you receive an invitation to an AC. For now, just focus on sending the application form and completing the online tests!

Thank you so much for your reply, it was extremely helpful!
    I hope your application was successful and best of luck with any future applications!

Emina

Star Member
    Jul 16, 2019
    Online form and Cap
    Hey all - for the WG test deadline, is it 5 days from the completion of the online form + Capp assessment or just the online form?

Hi! Which 5 day deadline is this? The email I received after filling out the online application form simply states that the tests must be completed by the application deadline (which I suppose means 16 Dec)?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.