Linklaters

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Hi all,

Is anyone able to give some insight into the other part of the app process (not the WG test) please? What are the types of questions asked, how long does it take to complete, can you save and return later, etc?

Thanks! :)

NourJ

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Jan 1, 2020
Hi all,

Is anyone able to give some insight into the other part of the app process (not the WG test) please? What are the types of questions asked, how long does it take to complete, can you save and return later, etc?

hey! So the questions are scenario-based there isn’t much to prepare for and since it’s not timed you can take your time to answer them. At the end of it there’s a critical thinking bit that’s just like the Watson Glaser. The only possible advice I can give is to just check their AGILE mindset thing while choosing your options. It took me an hour to complete mine and basically once you submit the “test” you’ll get an invite for the WG and that’s pretty much it.

• ℹ️
Reactions: SLKEJRWOI97

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
hey! So the questions are scenario-based there isn’t much to prepare for and since it’s not timed you can take your time to answer them. At the end of it there’s a critical thinking bit that’s just like the Watson Glaser. The only possible advice I can give is to just check their AGILE mindset thing while choosing your options. It took me an hour to complete mine and basically once you submit the “test” you’ll get an invite for the WG and that’s pretty much it.

Thanks so much!!!

TChopeful2021

Distinguished Member
Mar 21, 2020
Hi all,

They are split into different sections. Each section involves a different scenario (sometimes a different transaction or deal), and questions arising from that. Most of the questions are situational-based where you have to rank your preferred course of action when encountering a problem (e.g: conflicting schedules, seeing a coworker struggling etc).

There will also be attribute based questions where you are required to be introspective and select the options that best describe you as an individual, including your working style, values and motivation. From memory, there was also a section dedicated to critical thinking which is very similar to the actual WG.

No technical knowledge is required and you are not timed.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I think you get an email with two strengths of yours from the CAPP assessment and a weakness. I don’t think the strengths and weakness you get has any bearing on the outcome of the app though as at my AC we all got varying things. Just thought I’d add this to preempt any questions around this as I have been asked this in the past. I also got my WG test report but can’t recall if this was a result of me asking or whether this is sent to you by HR regardless. My WG for Links was easily my weakest one I ever did so also try not to worry and lament on this too much either. :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Zoo

Cox

Standard Member
Jun 5, 2019
I think you get an email with two strengths of yours from the CAPP assessment and a weakness. I don’t think the strengths and weakness you get has any bearing on the outcome of the app though as at my AC we all got varying things. Just thought I’d add this to preempt any questions around this as I have been asked this in the past. I also got my WG test report but can’t recall if this was a result of me asking or whether this is sent to you by HR regardless. My WG for Links was easily my weakest one I ever did so also try not to worry and lament on this too much either. :)

Thank you very much for your response. I have now received my CAPP assessment report and emailed for my WG test report.

Reactions: Alice G

NourJ

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Jan 1, 2020

To add to what Alice said, they definitely put more weight on the Capp assessment. Some got an AC invite with a 50% but others didn't even tho they had an 85% so don't stress too much about it but do your best of course!

Reactions: Cox and Alice G

SkylarCheng

Standard Member
Aug 30, 2021
Anyone else has serious issues inputting their University modules? ALL of my Year 4 modules do not exist, and it does not seem to cater to students who went on exchange as none of the exchange University's modules appear. This is getting rather frustrating as only 30% of my modules actually can be properly entered.

BeGrateful.101

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 1, 2021
    Just wondering if you get sent an automatic WG test and CAPP test report after you submit the application?
    I still didn't receive any reports. It's been more than 24hours. I submitted an application for the Winter vac scheme.
    If anyone had any experience - please help. thank you :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.