Kirkland & Ellis question

J Malone

Valued Member
Jun 1, 2018
I wonder about one of the questions in Kirkland & Ellis

Please tell us what is your proudest achievement and why. This can be from any aspect of your life. (400 words max)*

I ranked the top 16 at the London Universities Sport Leagues 2018 Fencing. Though I was only a novice in the team, I did my best to focus on my matches.

-> Do you guys think that my experience at fencing would be a good one?

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I wonder about one of the questions in Kirkland & Ellis

Please tell us what is your proudest achievement and why. This can be from any aspect of your life. (400 words max)*

I ranked the top 16 at the London Universities Sport Leagues 2018 Fencing. Though I was only a novice in the team, I did my best to focus on my matches.

-> Do you guys think that my experience at fencing would be a good one?
    If it's your proudest achievement and you can talk about it with reference to the STAR format then go for it! Only you will know that haha

Reactions: Salma

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Yep agreed with Daniel. Don't worry too much about whether it sounds impressive or not. If the journey getting there was a big achievement to you then it's perfect.

Reactions: AJ

Kim LD

Star Member
    Sep 8, 2018
    Hello guys, I'm writing regarding the same application question. Do you think one of those examples would be a strong answer:
    - I presided a law society in a business-driven university (2015). I founded the society alone from scratch, writing the constitution etc.
    - I volunteered to a humanitarian trip to Malaysia (2011). We had to build 3 houses from scratch in teams of ten. I also raised money for this trip (more than €5,000) to buy the materials.
    - I helped creating a professional grading while interning at EY Ivory Coast (2015). A client wanted to set up there and thus know what is the basic wage for different positions in its specific sector. The Ivoirian government provides a professional grading with positions separated into different categories and their basic wage, but they don't provide the description as to each category. So I used different means to create the professional grading and I was informed that it will be kept for future work with clients.

Does it matter if the example used is recent or not for this question?

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Hello guys, I'm writing regarding the same application question. Do you think one of those examples would be a strong answer:
    - I presided a law society in a business-driven university (2015). I founded the society alone from scratch, writing the constitution etc.
    - I volunteered to a humanitarian trip to Malaysia (2011). We had to build 3 houses from scratch in teams of ten. I also raised money for this trip (more than €5,000) to buy the materials.
    - I helped creating a professional grading while interning at EY Ivory Coast (2015). A client wanted to set up there and thus know what is the basic wage for different positions in its specific sector. The Ivoirian government provides a professional grading with positions separated into different categories and their basic wage, but they don't provide the description as to each category. So I used different means to create the professional grading and I was informed that it will be kept for future work with clients.

Does it matter if the example used is recent or not for this question?

Hey Kim!

They all are amazing achievements, but ultimately, you can only decide what was the most significant/proudest one, I don’t think it matters how recent the example is to be very honest.

Good luck :):)

• 🏆
    Reactions: Kim LD, Daniel Boden and Eva

Kim LD

Star Member
    Sep 8, 2018
    Hey Kim!

They all are amazing achievements, but ultimately, you can only decide what was the most significant/proudest one, I don’t think it matters how recent the example is to be very honest.

Good luck :):)

Thank you Selma! I wasn’t sure if any of these examples would sound interesting AND be a strong answer for a “proudest achievement”.

I think I’ll list the different skills I’ve developed and see which one is the best fit for the firm’s.

Reactions: Salma

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.