Dechert

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
I do believe that the interview is competency based, so I would look for competency based interview questions and answers and replace with your experience. Use the STAR method and be sure to be brief and concise and link back to the firm e.g. Dechert is band 1 in corporate crime and works on SFO investigations so you need analytical and organisational skills. Exercise..structure is everything!! what's the matter about? what are the challenges that the client is going to face? how the firm can help? be brief and concise!

Reactions: Spigogly

S

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
I do believe that the interview is competency based, so I would look for competency based interview questions and answers and replace with your experience. Use the STAR method and be sure to be brief and concise and link back to the firm e.g. Dechert is band 1 in corporate crime and works on SFO investigations so you need analytical and organisational skills. Exercise..structure is everything!! what's the matter about? what are the challenges that the client is going to face? how the firm can help? be brief and concise!

Thanks very much!!

Reactions: S87

Spigogly

Jan 15, 2019
Hi, I'm new to the forum. The above provides some great information. Can anyone else add anything regarding the AC? Specifically regarding the commercial case study that came up for them this year! Thanks in advance.

m24

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hello

I have an assessment centre upcoming at Dechert, it consists of an interview and written exercise. Would really appreciate any advice! Thank you.

Hey S,

I've received a video interview invite from Dechert. As you got through to the in-person interview you presumably did well on the VI! Any chance you could share any tips?

Reactions: Salma

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
so the questions for the video interview are:

1) compare dechert with its competitors (60 seconds)
2)commercial question: talk about a successful business (but not big companies such as Apple, google) find about small start-ups (60 seconds)
3)Competency based, they want to understand your team skills (60 seconds)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.