2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliana

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
You don’t have to necessarily declare it, unless you are looking to start a sponsored course with the firm in question in September (assuming you might not have results by then).

It sounds like they will be recorded as first sittings, which is really what firms care about.
Yeah I won't be starting a sponsored course this Sept, but I know there's a Q in some apps which says 'do you feel as though your exam performance has been adversely affected in some way' (or something of the equivalent), would I need to disclose it there?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Yeah I won't be starting a sponsored course this Sept, but I know there's a Q in some apps which says 'do you feel as though your exam performance has been adversely affected in some way' (or something of the equivalent), would I need to disclose it there?
Only if you think the circumstances impacted either the exams you took in May or in August. Obviously, if you did well in the assessments, then there is no need to disclose. It would only be if they are resits that you would need to disclose it.

Reactions: Eliana

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
hi guys, i submitted my bclp app today but the confirmation email didn't mention anything about tests? if this is normally the case, how long is the wait for the tests? just trying to map out my weeks ahead because of exams/deadlines etc. TIA x

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    hi guys, i submitted my bclp app today but the confirmation email didn't mention anything about tests? if this is normally the case, how long is the wait for the tests? just trying to map out my weeks ahead because of exams/deadlines etc. TIA x
    I can't speak for the tests side of things, but check your application portal if you didn't get a confirmation email as it may just update there without sending further emails.

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    I can't speak for the tests side of things, but check your application portal if you didn't get a confirmation email as it may just update there without sending further emails.
    thank you jacob :) i have received a confirmation email but it just doesn't say anything about the tests as usually they tell us to expect an email with links etc. no worries, I'll just be patient and wait

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    thank you jacob :) i have received a confirmation email but it just doesn't say anything about the tests as usually they tell us to expect an email with links etc. no worries, I'll just be patient and wait
    Sorry I've just re-read your initial post and realised I was reading it as if you'd asked "do I need to worry about no confirmation emails?" - I'm on a different planet today... more coffee required!!!

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Sorry I've just re-read your initial post and realised I was reading it as if you'd asked "do I need to worry about no confirmation emails?" - I'm on a different planet today... more coffee required!!!
    I went off coffee for 4 days then went back on it when you join the coffee team they are like you won't leave us.

• Haha
    Reactions: Jacob Miller
    A

Anon 11031

Fieldfisher's app asks the following question: "From your research, what have you learned about Fieldfisher and why do you want to train as a solicitor with the Firm?" (500 words)

Is this question asking "Why Fieldfisher" or "Why Fieldfisher and why solicitor"

@Jessica Booker @Jacob Miller
    Hey,

I answered both questions throughout. Focused on what I'd learned about the firm and why that made me want to train with them specifically. I very briefly touched on my general motivations for wanting to be a solicitor, as I feel the answer wouldn't have made a great deal of sense otherwise!

Hope that helps give you some idea ☺️

Reactions: NikkiT
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.