2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlotteLegal

Distinguished Member
  • Jun 13, 2020
    I didn't actually see anyone get past the application for their Leeds office. I feel like at this stage they've probably just filled spaces, as tomorrow is the deadline they've given themselves to get back to everyone.

Could be wrong, but 🤷‍♀️
    I applied for Manchester - I think generally I’ve seen barely anyone surpass the first stage on the forum? Could just be chance though!

I did apply on the final day, not sure if that matters! It is a huge shame as I feel that once I get past the first stage I tend to do well (but maybe I shouldn’t jinx it) :(

• 🤝
    Reactions: Anon 11031
    A

Anon 11031

I applied for Manchester - I think generally I’ve seen barely anyone surpass the first stage on the forum? Could just be chance though!

I did apply on the final day, not sure if that matters! It is a huge shame as I feel that once I get past the first stage I tend to do well (but maybe I shouldn’t jinx it) :(
    Yeah I have only seen people be successful for Birmingham and London so far. I applied on the last day too, I imagine they review in order since they claim to be rolling - so we were probably at a disadvantage anyways!

glaw23

Distinguished Member
  • May 20, 2021
    When did you guys get the email for a PFO from Shoosmiths? I have yet to hear back, anxiously waiting!

I feel like it's not going to be good news for me either :(
    I haven't heard anything either. Just checked my spam etc. I was really hoping it would be today as I have an interview tomorrow for a job, and I didn't want to stress about both things, or be reeling from disappointment of a PFO on the day of this job interview.

Fingers crossed it will be okay, but I do think it will be a PFO for me too. :(

• 🤝
    Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii and karinny
    A

Anon 11031

PFO for Shoosmiths as well, but then an AC for BLM!

but then I’m pretty sure I binned my TLT AC earlier today - mixed bag of a day?
    Congrats on the AC! Wonderful news.

If it makes you feel better, after my AC with Fieldfisher I cried because I thought I had messed up so badly. But, I think we are all our own worst critics! I have my fingers crossed for you 🤲

glaw23

Distinguished Member
  • May 20, 2021
    Shoosmiths PFO. Pretty disappointed as thought app was good but onto the next I suppose :(
    Feel like I didn’t see anyone get a VI for the London office direct TC app? Just people who did the VS or did a VI for the VS? May be wrong, but no point dwelling!

Now that you mention it, I agree! I didn't see anyone for London direct TC get any further either.

It is what it is. I think I best start looking at other firms I'm interested in that are still open 😬

Amy_22

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 15, 2020
    Is anyone else really confused by the Shoosmiths PFO email? "Although you did not meet our minimum requirements for this role, your application scored highly" and "I hope you take confidence from hearing your application was strong" - does anyone know what minimum requirements I did not meet? Shoosmiths require a minimum of CCC at A-Level, I obtained ABC. I also have a high 2:1 (68%) from RG uni

Asbi

Star Member
    May 15, 2021

Congrats on the AC! Wonderful news.

If it makes you feel better, after my AC with Fieldfisher I cried because I thought I had messed up so badly. But, I think we are all our own worst critics! I have my fingers crossed for you 🤲
    Me currently! I have cried so much after my AC today! The written exercise was horrible

• 🤝
    Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.