2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Is anyone else really confused by the Shoosmiths PFO email? "Although you did not meet our minimum requirements for this role, your application scored highly" and "I hope you take confidence from hearing your application was strong" - does anyone know what minimum requirements I did not meet? Shoosmiths require a minimum of CCC at A-Level, I obtained ABC. I also have a high 2:1 (68%) from RG uni
That's strange!

Honestly, I think Shoosmiths is a weird one. I applied last year and didn't get past the application stage, despite the application being stronger than a couple of my successful applications from this year.

• 🤝
Reactions: CharlotteLegal and Amy_22

CharlotteLegal

Distinguished Member
  • Jun 13, 2020
    Is anyone else really confused by the Shoosmiths PFO email? "Although you did not meet our minimum requirements for this role, your application scored highly" and "I hope you take confidence from hearing your application was strong" - does anyone know what minimum requirements I did not meet? Shoosmiths require a minimum of CCC at A-Level, I obtained ABC. I also have a high 2:1 (68%) from RG uni
    From my base knowledge from their Insta page, I believe they score each section on a scale (say out of 10). So work exp, grades, written answers etc. I am assuming they have a base number to surpass when you add all the sections together. Just speculation though!

glaw23

Distinguished Member
  • May 20, 2021
    Anyone who has applied to Freshfields - do you find their application form is weirdly glitchy? Especially the education section...

I took my GCSEs and A Levels in England, and one second it asks me to give my subjects and grades, then it suddenly changes its mind?

Reactions: iamJW

Asbi

Star Member
    May 15, 2021
    Hi

can someone explain to me what will happen if I don’t get a TC this year. I know that some firms, this is their last year they are recruiting for a TC. Are most firms still running TC for a while?

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 14, 2019
    Hi

can someone explain to me what will happen if I don’t get a TC this year. I know that some firms, this is their last year they are recruiting for a TC. Are most firms still running TC for a while?
    hey could you please elaborate on this, what do you mean by " this is the last year that some firms are recruiting for a TC". Are they shutting down? (hope not)

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Hi

Hey do you know which firms are stopping the TC route this year? I heard that most of them would slowly introduce the SQE but still have the TC route as an option.

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Can anyone please tell me if there are any non-rolling firms (July deadlines) left to apply to? I want to take a break from applications 😭 The application process truly is death 🤒

Asbi

Star Member
    May 15, 2021
    hey could you please elaborate on this, what do you mean by " this is the last year that some firms are recruiting for a TC". Are they shutting down? (hope not)
    This is my understanding of Asbi's post. Some firms have replaced the TC route with the SQE route or are slowly transitioning to the SQE route.

I could be wrong though lol @Asbi please clarify 😂
    yes this is what i mean. Some firms are replacing the TC route by the SQE. So an example is Weightmans where they will not take any more trainees from 2022. That will be the last year where people can apply for a TC. So i just wondered if anyone knew of other firms doing the same or whether most firms are sticking with the TC route for a while.

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021

yes this is what i mean. Some firms are replacing the TC route by the SQE. So an example is Weightmans where they will not take any more trainees from 2022. That will be the last year where people can apply for a TC. So i just wondered if anyone knew of other firms doing the same or whether most firms are sticking with the TC route for a while.
    I'm not sure. Have you already done the LPC?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.