2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikkiT

Legendary Member
Oct 2, 2020
I know Fieldfisher is rolling but does anyone know if it would be too late to apply today for the 2023 TC (deadline 25th)?

Also, anyone who has applied, I have a couple of basic questions about the CV if anyone would mind!

(@lawnoodle :) )

RkRk0681

Star Member
  • Mar 16, 2021
    Has anyone heard back from Addleshaw Goddard yet? I'm still completing my application but I'm starting to debate whether it's worth it because their website suggests they reserve few places for direct TC applicants.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Has anyone heard back from Addleshaw Goddard yet? I'm still completing my application but I'm starting to debate whether it's worth it because their website suggests they reserve few seats for direct TC applicants.
    I applied direct last year and didn't hear back. It did seem as though they filled most of the TC's (if not all) for the office I applied to through their vac scheme. Even then, I would still say that it's worth applying. You've got nothing to lose, right?

• 🤝
    Reactions: RkRk0681

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Ahh guys my AC was so hard! I feel defeated
    Assessment centres are designed to be tough. If they were easy then everyone would do well in them and it would be far more difficult for assessors to differentiate candidates (as they would all perform to the same level). I'd be more concerned if someone came out of an AC thinking it was easy than if they thought it was hard! I'd pretty much guarantee most candidates feel the way you are feeling right now - even the people who secured the job felt like it too!

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Ahh guys my AC was so hard! I feel defeated
    Try not to worry too much - these things always seem to have gone a lot worse in your head than they actually did!

I've mentioned a couple of times here that, after my Travers interview, I thought I had bombed it because I completely fixated on two errors (which were, to me, glaring howlers) - and got the VS then the TC. Honestly you're probably fixating on wee small things.

Fingers crossed for a happy outcome for you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.