2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

f41zal

Apr 8, 2021
Hi guys, just wondering what response people received from Freshfields post application. I’ve got one inviting me to complete the WG test. It then says:

“The test score combined with your application will form the basis of whether you are then invited through to the final interview stage.”

Do they mean AC, or am I missing something...?

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi guys, just wondering what response people received from Freshfields post application. I’ve got one inviting me to complete the WG test. It then says:

“The test score combined with your application will form the basis of whether you are then invited through to the final interview stage.”

Do they mean AC, or am I missing something...?

Yup the final interview stage for Freshfields is the AC so that's what they mean!

Rebecca Solomon

Mar 17, 2019
    Hi, I am working on a direct TC application and there is a question on the application form which says 'please write a short statement in support of your application (600 word limit)'. In terms of writing an answer, shall I start with an intro into what I am currently doing, my skills which i can bring to the training contract, and provide evidence to demonstrate my skills? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. @Jessica Booker I would love your opinion on this.

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi, I am working on a direct TC application and there is a question on the application form which says 'please write a short statement in support of your application (600 word limit)'. In terms of writing an answer, shall I start with an intro into what I am currently doing, my skills which i can bring to the training contract, and provide evidence to demonstrate my skills? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. @Jessica Booker I would love your opinion on this.
    What other information are you having to provide in the application (or which firm is this for)?

james134

Jun 26, 2021
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread but if the application asks you to describe a covid related legal issue and how it has impacted the legal sector, does discussing the impact of covid on future remote working plans qualify?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread but if the application asks you to describe a covid related legal issue and how it has impacted the legal sector, does discussing the impact of covid on future remote working plans qualify?
    I’m not convinced this definitely covers a “legal issue”. Obviously more specific elements of future/remote working plans could have legal implications, but you would need to focus on them rather than talk about it broadly.

D

Deleted member 2707

For the Stephenson Harwood application, can I include international background and an explanation for my poor Y3 grades in the section "Are there any other particular matters which you wish to mention?" or would it sound too much like I'm pitching myself to them and this isn't the question to do so?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    For the Stephenson Harwood application, can I include international background and an explanation for my poor Y3 grades in the section "Are there any other particular matters which you wish to mention?" or would it sound too much like I'm pitching myself to them and this isn't the question to do so?
    Definitely the section to include these type of matters in

Tcapplicant

Legendary Member
    Jan 9, 2019
    I'm banging my head on the wall. Someone else said they got the VI invite. I haven't heard anything and am spending my days clicking 'refresh' on this forum and the apply4law portal. 🥲
    It’s so strange! I can’t figure out how they are assessing them. I read back to how they did the VI for the VS and it seems it was quite sporadic then as well. Wishing you luck!!

• 🤝
    Reactions: TC fiend
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.