2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeilaScott

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020
On the Baker McKenzie app, I have put my mit circs in the education record (as it is regarding one exam not all of them), but there is another section asking if I have it circs that means I don't meet min academic requirements? As far as I understand their minimum requirements are a 2.1 which I am predicted, so can I tick no for this section or will they need me to highlight the first year exam again - don't want them to think I am not meeting their criteria!

jessie5681

Feb 10, 2021
Just got an invite to complete a written exercise for Bristows -- it's my first one so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could point me to any good resources (websites/practice exercises/anything else) to familiarise myself with how these things usually work. I REALLY do not want to mess this up.
Well done for getting to the next stage! When did you have your interview?

Sebastian Clark

Esteemed Member
May 5, 2020
Is anyone else getting a sense of application fatigue? Since sending the last of my vac scheme apps off on Sunday I've been feeling so deflated yesterday and today after work when trying to start my TC applications. Anyone have any tips for getting that motivation back? I'm almost thinking of taking a week off/do some light work such as get the list of firms I'm applying to lined up just to recharge.

PositiveVibesOnly

Star Member
Future Trainee
  • Feb 11, 2021
    Is anyone else getting a sense of application fatigue? Since sending the last of my vac scheme apps off on Sunday I've been feeling so deflated yesterday and today after work when trying to start my TC applications. Anyone have any tips for getting that motivation back? I'm almost thinking of taking a week off/do some light work such as get the list of firms I'm applying to lined up just to recharge.
    I think what you've said is genuinely what you should do - powering through when you're feeling low probably wouldn't lead to the best applications submitted anyways, and will only make you feel worse. Definitely take some time for yourself to recharge and do whatever you feel is more manageable until you feel more with it, I hope you feel more motivated and less deflated soon!

Sebastian Clark

Esteemed Member
    May 5, 2020
    I think what you've said is genuinely what you should do - powering through when you're feeling low probably wouldn't lead to the best applications submitted anyways, and will only make you feel worse. Definitely take some time for yourself to recharge and do whatever you feel is more manageable until you feel more with it, I hope you feel more motivated and less deflated soon!
    Thank you! Yeah I'm not even sure what it is - probably a result of the Vac Scheme apps not going too well and the fact I'm not getting any younger/thought I would have a TC by now. A few days off is probably what I need just to step back and re-assess.

• 🤝
    Reactions: PositiveVibesOnly
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.