2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
In the email they said we will hear back in March. But I guess the other user is right sorry.
No, BM is rolling basis. All of this is confirmed in the email that they send you after you have submitted your application!!!!
I think they do review them in the order they come in but the other user is right in saying they review after the deadline I think
I spoke to one of their recruiters yesterday. They are semi-rolling, they will progress and reject before the deadline but will review all the applications before inviting anyone to AC so you can apply just before the deadline. Hope that helps

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
I spoke to one of their recruiters yesterday. They are semi-rolling, they will progress and reject before the deadline but will review all the applications before inviting anyone to AC so you can apply just before the deadline. Hope that helps
Yeah, I applied 2 hours before the deadline last year and go through to the interview stage..

hz1997

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
In need of some advice. I have a spring vac scheme with a firm I love (and potentially another depending on the outcome of a recent AC) but am still hoping to make some direct TC apps. Does it make sense to apply for direct TCs before my scheme in April, or should I wait to apply depending on whether I convert the scheme or not (really hoping to do so but you never know). My worry is that if I wait I’m at a disadvantage with rolling apps, but if I don’t wait the only vac scheme experience I can report on my apps is upcoming stuff (the spring scheme will be my first).

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
In need of some advice. I have a spring vac scheme with a firm I love (and potentially another depending on the outcome of a recent AC) but am still hoping to make some direct TC apps. Does it make sense to apply for direct TCs before my scheme in April, or should I wait to apply depending on whether I convert the scheme or not (really hoping to do so but you never know). My worry is that if I wait I’m at a disadvantage with rolling apps, but if I don’t wait the only vac scheme experience I can report on my apps is upcoming stuff (the spring scheme will be my first).
Most people won’t be applying until they have their summer results, you could easily wait until your scheme is complete, even if the firm is rolling recruitment.

hz1997

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Most people won’t be applying until they have their summer results, you could easily wait until your scheme is complete, even if the firm is rolling recruitment.

Thanks for responding! :) That makes sense. I was inclined towards waiting. I’ll only really apply to other firms directly if I’m unable to convert my scheme, in which case do you think other firms might ask about/take issue with my inability to convert the vac scheme?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks for responding! :) That makes sense. I was inclined towards waiting. I’ll only really apply to other firms directly if I’m unable to convert my scheme, in which case do you think other firms might ask about/take issue with my inability to convert the vac scheme?
No not necessarily. Unless they specifically ask you the question as to whether you have converted to a TC or not, it would be a bit presumptuous for them to assume that was the case anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.