Not open for further replies.

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
I asked GR. They are rolling. They tend to do them in two waves: one in March / April and the other in July. But I don’t think the first wave has begun?

I haven't heard of anyone hearing from them yet--they sent that email a while back about how they were swamped with vacs to get through (they closed end of Jan) so would be prioritising those over TCs for now. But I imagine direct TCs might start hearing sometime fairly soon if they're getting ahead on the VSs now?

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    Hey guys! Just got the BCLP test invite for a direct TC - I wondered if anyone had completed it/had any prep advice? Thanks in advance :)
    I've done it for the VS and I think it's the same
    basically, it's very similar to the Linklaters one but just with BCLP examples instead
    if you haven't done the Links one, it's basically just a bunch of scenarios and you have to respond with what you are most to least likely to do and there are also some questions about yourself (i.e. are you more of a team worker or an independent worker) and you have to place where you are on a scale
    you can't prep for this part really

there are a few critical thinking questions at the end though that are very similar to a Watson Glaser

WRM19

M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 11, 2020
    I've done it for the VS and I think it's the same
    basically, it's very similar to the Linklaters one but just with BCLP examples instead
    if you haven't done the Links one, it's basically just a bunch of scenarios and you have to respond with what you are most to least likely to do and there are also some questions about yourself (i.e. are you more of a team worker or an independent worker) and you have to place where you are on a scale
    you can't prep for this part really

there are a few critical thinking questions at the end though that are very similar to a Watson Glaser
    Ooh okay cool - thank you!! (glad its not all WG style🥲 )

Reactions: cryingoverTCs

LEL

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 22, 2020
    Hi all - anyone else doing the Lewis Silkin app and struggling to answer this question?

"Describe a time when you had to be careful talking about sensitive information. How did you do it?"
    I'm not doing it but could offer advice?

I'd say demonstrate skills such as emotional intelligence, being able to adapt your communication style, your ability to keep that information confidential, your caution (being precise). Any example from extra-curriculars/work etc. will be fine, as usual.

pbyrne

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 15, 2021
    I'm not doing it but could offer advice?

I'd say demonstrate skills such as emotional intelligence, being able to adapt your communication style, your ability to keep that information confidential, your caution (being precise). Any example from extra-curriculars/work etc. will be fine, as usual.

Thanks this is helpful!

I guess I wasn't sure whether they meant talking about sensitive information e.g. in a client meeting - in which case there's particular level of tact and sensitivity involved as it's usually involved private information, or discussing information externally like in the context of an interview? In interviews I've used phrases like "high profile individual" and avoided more specific descriptions like actor or footballer and focused on my tasks rather than the situation which might be identifiable if it's been in the press (I work in reputation management).

Based on your post perhaps both! Thanks again.

Reactions: LEL
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.