Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey guys,

Please use this thread to discuss anything related to direct training contract applications for the 2020-21 application cycle. This can include everything from application and interview advice to hearing back from particular law firms.

Thanks,

Jaysen

Emily77

Aug 25, 2020
    Has anyone heard back positively for Slaughters TC? Wondering if they’ve started to give out assessment centres yet

I applied roughly 4 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything yet. I was on a virtual event with them today and graduate recruitment said they were in peak application season so it was taking them slightly longer to respond but we will hear from them as soon as possible! :)

Sorry, I know that doesn’t fully answer the question but just FYI.

Reactions: Sam55

Sara Hashlamoun

Jul 29, 2020
    Hello everyone,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question, but I studied law in a EU country and I'm not sure if I can apply to law firms, will they consider me for TCs? I've never seen a trainee with an educational background from another country (just a few at Linklaters). Do you have any advice? Thank you!

DrowninginSQE

Legendary Member
    Sep 23, 2020
    Hello everyone,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question, but I studied law in a EU country and I'm not sure if I can apply to law firms, will they consider me for TCs? I've never seen a trainee with an educational background from another country (just a few at Linklaters). Do you have any advice? Thank you!
    I believe you have to do the GDL

Reactions: Sara Hashlamoun

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hello everyone,

If you want to get in before 2024, then you'll need to do the GDL, you'll probably get some exemptions depending on what your law degree covered (e.g. EU law possibly).

However, as the GDL is on its way out, someone like you has an easier route in from 2021 onwards when the SQE comes in. Just something to think about and look into anyway.

Sara Hashlamoun

Jul 29, 2020
    If you want to get in before 2024, then you'll need to do the GDL, you'll probably get some exemptions depending on what your law degree covered (e.g. EU law possibly).

However, as the GDL is on its way out, someone like you has an easier route in from 2021 onwards when the SQE comes in. Just something to think about and look into anyway.

Thank you for the answer!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.