2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2707

As far as I've kept track, the reply time has been quite varied. Some people who applied early September have only recently been rejected, and some people who have applied mid October have also been rejected. I applied at the beginning of October and haven't heard anything back if that helps!

Thank you for this! I applied on the 1st of November so quite recent. Guess I still have a bit to wait!

Applied 1st october for direct TC- just received an interview offer!

Thank you and congratulations :)

Reactions: Sam55

RB

Star Member
Jun 7, 2020
Hi! Does anyone know when Ashurst's direct TC application opens? There is no information on their website but on Chambers it says that the deadline for this is on 8 January 2021?

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Hi! Does anyone know when Ashurst's direct TC application opens? There is no information on their website but on Chambers it says that the deadline for this is on 8 January 2021?

It opens in January and closes in June/July from what I remember on their BAME Event.

• ℹ️
Reactions: RB

Amy_22

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 15, 2020
Hi

Is it silly to apply for an open day and direct TC in the same application? I'm not sure whether the firm would find it odd how I've already applied for the TC but not met them yet. My reasons for applying in response to the TC questions were due to their strength in specific practice areas, etc. and I hoped the open day would allow me to learn about their culture and speak to trainees, etc. Has anyone else applied for an open day and direct TC in the same application?

Thank you

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi

Is it silly to apply for an open day and direct TC in the same application? I'm not sure whether the firm would find it odd how I've already applied for the TC but not met them yet. My reasons for applying in response to the TC questions were due to their strength in specific practice areas, etc. and I hoped the open day would allow me to learn about their culture and speak to trainees, etc. Has anyone else applied for an open day and direct TC in the same application?

Thank you

There isn’t anything strange about this.

Reactions: Amy_22

Mxkry

Legendary Member
Oct 13, 2020
Got rejected from the S&M winter workshop, but I want to apply for the direct TC. Is there any point? I'm really not sure on how to improve my application

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.