2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

p9b

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 29, 2019
Has anyone applied to Pinsent Masons? If so, did you receive an email confirming receipt of your app? I never did but it says completed online so just want to make sure it has been received

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    If you are an applicant who does not fall into these target groups, you can still apply but your application will not be prioritised at this stage and, as such, you will not be sent a Watson Glaser test at the moment. If your application is going to be considered, you will find out no later than 14th December 2020.
    - Clifford Chance Application Form

Does anyone know how Clifford Chance decide who to consider outside of their target group?

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    It got moved I think, I had it written down as the 11th (although I could have been wrong)

Nope it was the 11th...that's a bit naughty of them to close it without warning! I guess they have had a massive increase in the number of applications hence the change?
    I know Allen & Overy did it with their Winter Vac Scheme due to unprecedented interest

Reactions: Penelope

B A

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 4, 2020
    It got moved I think, I had it written down as the 11th (although I could have been wrong)
    Yes, it was originally the 11th and still says so everywhere else except the firm's site. I was going to submit my application yesterday and only realised they had changed it then. Very disappointed.

Last edited:

matpart

Star Member
    Jan 2, 2020
    I have 4 open days, 1 insight scheme at a silver circle firm and 1 vac scheme at an MC firm under my belt - should I apply for a direct TC to Linklaters, or do they mostly recruit from vacs?

• 🏆
    Reactions: SLKEJRWOI97

May

Dec 6, 2020
    I have 4 open days, 1 insight scheme at a silver circle firm and 1 vac scheme at an MC firm under my belt - should I apply for a direct TC to Linklaters, or do they mostly recruit from vacs?
    I think that's definitely worth the try! They definitely do recruit directly and I know people who have gotten through with less experience than yourself. I think you should do it ASAP though to allow time for the assessments and WGT!

matpart

Star Member
    Jan 2, 2020
    I think that's definitely worth the try! They definitely do recruit directly and I know people who have gotten through with less experience than yourself. I think you should do it ASAP though to allow time for the assessments and WGT!
    I just read on their application website you need minimum 4 weeks of work experience - so I guess my 2 weeks of work experience through an insight and vacation scheme is not enough in the end?

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    Hi all! I’m waiting on Norton/NRF, Slaughters and Mayer Brown, had anyone heard anything from them yet? I’ve done a WG for Mayer Brown but other than that haven’t heard anything. Submitted maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.