2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat000

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
  • Feb 14, 2020
    Got rejected from the S&M winter workshop, but I want to apply for the direct TC. Is there any point? I'm really not sure on how to improve my application

Definitely still a point - as people have pointed out before, open days/workshops etc are often way more competitive than things like vac schemes.

Fran

Star Member
    Nov 5, 2020
    I wonder what anyone's perspective is on my situation? (Honest answers welcome!)

Do I stand a chance applying for a direct TC if I have never done a VS? I am a law graduate and have completed a law masters with a distinction at a top university, as well as worked professionally for a year as a legal researcher. I have also completed a week long work experience placement at a commercial law firm (they do not offer VS) and did work experience at Pinsent Masons with Pathways to Law before university. I also have many other work experiences related to law (as well as many non-law) but worried that the absence of a VS on my application will stop me being considered for a direct TC.

Maybe @Jessica Booker you might have a better understanding of this?

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I wonder what anyone's perspective is on my situation? (Honest answers welcome!)

Do I stand a chance applying for a direct TC if I have never done a VS? I am a law graduate and have completed a law masters with a distinction at a top university, as well as worked professionally for a year as a legal researcher. I have also completed a week long work experience placement at a commercial law firm (they do not offer VS) and did work experience at Pinsent Masons with Pathways to Law before university. I also have many other work experiences related to law (as well as many non-law) but worried that the absence of a VS on my application will stop me being considered for a direct TC.

You absolutely have a chance considering the legal experience you already have :)

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Fran

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019

I’m in a very similar position but I have decided to apply for vacation schemes this side of Christmas and assess the situation for direct TC’s in the new year! I think you have a great chance at either so it’s about choosing what route is best for you

• 🤝
    Reactions: Fran

Lauren

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 16, 2018
    I was wondering how many words I should use in Clifford Chance's work experience section for each entry?

I understand the firm stresses detail and making the most of that section but I don't want to make it too long winded either. Would 250-300 words be expected or about right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.