Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Same here! I think they’ll probably come back by mid Jan (the latest)

Think it could be closer to end Jan/early Feb. They interview spring vac students early jan and summer vac students end Jan and I think TC AC's generally come after that. :)

Reactions: NK

NK

Distinguished Member
    Jul 28, 2020
    Think it could be closer to end Jan/early Feb. They interview spring vac students early jan and summer vac students end Jan and I think TC AC's generally come after that. :)
    That does make more sense actually! In my application confirmation email, it said they’d come back in January, but I’m guessing that isn’t the case now.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Dheepa

EJC

Standard Member
    Dec 28, 2019
    Hi guys,
    I applied for a training contract for Freshfields last year and they emailed me saying "my application has been shortlisted for the next stage" and asked me to complete the WG test. I am applying again this year and was wondering if I needed to make any dramatic changes to my application (the 850-word cover letter). I've tweaked it a bit and there but don't really have anything new to add and am a tad bit worried

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    For Freshfields' deadline, is it 11.59 January 7th or 12.00 on the dot January 7th (ie: the night of January 6th)?

23.59 of the 7th

Don’t leave it that late though... in fact I’d at least try to get your application in within working hours on the 7th in case you have any issues.

PP27

Distinguished Member
    Oct 11, 2019
    anyone know whether NRF are likely to allow me to transfer my Spring VS app to a direct TC? I tried to email but no reply and can't find a number anywhere

E.A

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2019
    Has anyone heard from Orrick, NRF or Hogan Lovells for direct TCs?

I know Orrick said they'll start reviewing applications in Nov/Dec but still haven't heard anything from them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.