2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

melmil

Feb 1, 2021
wait what is this thing about Freshfields updating your portal. Mine says updated on the 21st of Jan but received no WG - is this a bad sign? I literally submitted the app on the deadline

bel123456

Valued Member
Jan 24, 2020
does anyone remember if the eligibility stage asked us whether we have interviewed with the office to which we are applying, or with any one of Linklater's offices before?

CK74

Sep 14, 2020
Got the Clifford Chance AC coming up on Friday... getting very nervous and feel like I can't prepare enough. Anyone got any advice/tips?
Me too!! Would love to hear any general tips anyone might have - I'm finding it difficult to know what to expect as it's obviously virtual!

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
Hi guys! Has anybody heard back from NRF after the "you will hear back in 2 weeks" email? The email arrived Tuesday 12th of January, which is obviously well over 2 weeks ago now.

The email said they would review all applications over that 2 week period and invite to WG, with telephone interview and then AC in May. They didn't specifically say they would let us know however if unsuccessful.

studentgirl

Standard Member
Sep 15, 2020
Hello, I am doing an application for Lewis Silkin and I am unsure of this question - Do you think it is okay to leave it blank, and also what could I write here?

Is there anything else that you would like us to consider when reviewing your application? What makes you stand out from the crowd? Don’t feel obliged to answer this question!

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hello, I am doing an application for Lewis Silkin and I am unsure of this question - Do you think it is okay to leave it blank, and also what could I write here?

Is there anything else that you would like us to consider when reviewing your application? What makes you stand out from the crowd? Don’t feel obliged to answer this question!
Hi there,

A question like this is really your opportunity to say anything you wish to to enhance your application which you may not have had the chance to in the application question responses on in your work experience. For example, if you have any awards or volunteering positions or other positions of responsibility which may not feature in your formal work experience entries then you could add that here. There would be no issue I don't suppose in leaving this blank, but it is advisable that if you want to say anything further to supplement your application then this is a good chance to include it.

Florawilliams

Esteemed Member
Sep 17, 2020
I also applied for a direct TC in November but haven't heard anything since. Do you know roughly when we'll hear back?
heya! i actually haven't applied yet! contemplating doing it! 4000 characters is a lot... did you fill this for the answer or go a bit below this word limit? it has put me off tbh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.