2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxdart

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Technically if you accept an offer you are supposed to withdraw from recruitment processes for vac schemes and training contracts.

However, unless your contract states you cannot start work at another firm before you join as a trainee or the vacation scheme firm states in their offer you cannot have accepted a TC, technically there is nothing stopping you from doing vac schemes with other firms.
Thank you! :)

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Mine was updated on the 20th and still nothing! Think I’m just expecting a PFO at this stage, I know everyone says not to read too much into these things but it’s so hard!
Nah I think that is so depressing lol. Let's try stay positive and hope for the best. I wish both of us luck 😊 😓

• Haha
Reactions: Legallin

TR17

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Anyone else in the same boat, I've not received any update for a couple of weeks now and looking out for a PFO. Applying for some other ones in case but my brain is honestly fried with the all of them
On the same boat. Haven’t heard from firms in a while and been stressing and just losing sleep over the anxiety of having to potentially go through another cycle of this and losing another year of my life.

CJCH

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Nov 2, 2020
How long does it normally take to receive online tests invitation from Mayer Brown? I applied for the direct TC last weekend but still haven't received the link to the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.