2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Have you logged into the applicant portal to see if you have any messages there? Some email filters can be over zealous with cvmail.net emails
Yes - no news since the email where they informed us they will get back to us within 2 weeks.... hmmmm

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Yes - no news since the email where they informed us they will get back to us within 2 weeks.... hmmmm
It took longer than two weeks for me to hear, I got that email 12 Jan then invite to WG 3 Feb. Maybe email grad recruitment and see what’s happened there, I would in your position.

Reactions: E.A

RS31

Distinguished Member
Jan 23, 2021
Post WG? Or the initial app, they sent a bunch of PFOs and WG invites last Tuesday, 3rd feb. I believe everyone is still waiting to hear post WG as the deadline for completion hasn’t yet passed.
Does anybody know if NRF considers the WG in isolation to progress candidates to the telephone interview stage? Or do they consider both the app and the WG test results?

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Does anybody know if NRF considers the WG in isolation to progress candidates to the telephone interview stage? Or do they consider both the app and the WG test results?
I read the email saying we’d hear in two weeks as to say if we were invited to WG we would get an interview if we met or exceeded the benchmark score, indicating that the WG would be the decider. But that could just be my interpretation. I’d be interested to hear what anyone thinks or knows!

D

Deleted member 2707

Just emailed them.

This was their response:

Eligibility

You are only eligible to apply for one Vacation Scheme or Training Contract per application cycle. Our application cycle runs from September to April.

Our Summer Scheme is open to penultimate year students of their undergraduate degree, or those in the second year of a four year course. Final year students and graduates are also eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Thank you!

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
haven't heard anything from FF and portal updated on January 21st - should I assume rejection?
Nooo, rejection is a rejection only when it is. I get you think this way and sometimes it is tempting but I personally can't deal with assuming every app I have done is a rejection only because it's taking long to hear from them 😵🥴

• 🤝
Reactions: tla99

tla99

Distinguished Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 18, 2019
Nooo, rejection is a rejection only when it is. I get you think this way and sometimes it is tempting but I personally can't deal with assuming every app I have done is a rejection only because it's taking long to hear from them 😵🥴
Thank you - I know you're right. Very hard to maintain that perspective haha fingers crossed!

• 🤝
Reactions: E.A

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Thank you - I know you're right. Very hard to maintain that perspective haha fingers crossed!
I know! Definitely is tough! But I'm passionate about staying hopeful otherwise I might as well sign this process off 😅 fingers crossed for good news!!!

Abgaal

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 24, 2019
Can someone who passed the WG for Freshfields and got the AC let me know what you scored? I’m not sure my score is high enough...
i mean benchmarks do fluctuate as firms ask their trainees to sit the test. But honestly anything higher than 30 is good. I did WG for CC this year and I got 30 (passed). Also just asked FF for my WG and the report said I got 50. So it depends

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.