2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veep9

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    Has anyone heard positively from AS about the Harbottle TC interview? The firm’s deadline is soon and I want to apply directly if I’m not getting through with AS but I’ve heard not a peep from them and they aren’t replying to my chaser!

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Sorry if this has been asked but for direct TC applications would you write incoming vacation scheme for firms you have them with?
    Yes! Including this information gives the firm more reason to believe in your capabilities as a candidate since you've already been "vetted" successfully by other firms.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    I just did it and tbh, I’ve never really struggled with WGs but this one was a bit tricky.

Just remember that what matters is not how 'tricky' the questions are but what the firm's view of a successful score is. CC, for instance is notorious for having a bare 50% pass mark for its WG. I also know that when I did my Korn Ferry tests for Simmons & Simmons, they were exceptionally difficult. The verbal was challenging and the logical was super super tough and absolutely flummoxed me. Like, getting-so-lost-you-end-up-guessing difficult. But I still passed their benchmark so they must not have been expecting super high scores. And I've made a point of not applying to firms with online tests this year as I suck at them. So don't worry about the trickiness so much!

Reactions: SS1

Brandon93

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2018
    Does anyone think the 'salary wars' among the US, Magic Circle and Silver Circle is still relevant enough to write about in a law firm application concerning challenges facing the firm?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone think the 'salary wars' among the US, Magic Circle and Silver Circle is still relevant enough to write about in a law firm application concerning challenges facing the firm?
    Honestly, no. I think there are more interesting things to talk about than money!

Reactions: Dheepa and Daniel Boden

Limanehious

Star Member
    Mar 19, 2021
    Has anyone heard positively from AS about the Harbottle TC interview? The firm’s deadline is soon and I want to apply directly if I’m not getting through with AS but I’ve heard not a peep from them and they aren’t replying to my chaser!
    I got told my application would not be passed to them, but to still apply to the actually TC. Quite annoying as there was no feedback

• Sad
    Reactions: Idlewild and Veep9
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.