2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus23

Junior Lawyer
Mar 13, 2020
Anyone heard back from BCLP for direct TC? I applied in December and did the test in early March. Slightly concerned as it seems they’ve had some AC’s and given offers already
As far as I know there’s only been one AC and a couple of offers. They are going through people with previous experience at the firm first then will deffo hold more ACs. Don’t lose hope!!

chromaticaqueen

Star Member
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Potentially a rookie-question BUT, where there is a word limit of 250 words per work experience description... is it better to use all of this or is it acceptable to not in the spirit of efficient word-use and to avoid sounding verbose. i.e. I have very succinct responses of about 150-200 words for each work experience description - would that be acceptable or does it look lazy (or like I've copied from other application limits?). There are also examples of specific activities/events undertaken in these roles. I despise having to reach the word limit just for the sake of it.

God, I hate application form bureaucracy. :p

@Jessica Booker - please help! thanks xx

Last edited:

RoughWood

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Feb 24, 2021
    Anyone heard back from Browne Jacobson direct TC? ^^
    I contacted them a week or so back and they sent the below response this morning:

We do let all applicants know whether or not they have been successful in progressing to the next stage of the process.

We are sifting through applications at the moment, which does take some time, but you will hear from us either way in due course.

Many thanks for your patience thus far.

Kind regards,

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Potentially a rookie-question BUT, where there is a word limit of 250 words per work experience description... is it better to use all of this or is it acceptable to not in the spirit of efficient word-use and to avoid sounding verbose. i.e. I have very succinct responses of about 150-200 words for each work experience description - would that be acceptable or does it look lazy (or like I've copied from other application limits?). There are also examples of specific activities/events undertaken in these roles. I despise having to reach the word limit just for the sake of it.

God, I hate application form bureaucracy. :p

@Jessica Booker - please help! thanks xx
    Depends on the job. A short job or one with limited responsibilities may not need the word count. One you have done for a longer period of time or with varied responsibilities might.

You don’t have to go up to the word limit. It’s just there so you can’t go over it.

Reactions: chromaticaqueen

BiancaM

Distinguished Member
  • Apr 10, 2021
    hello! has anyone gone through the BCLP online test? it has scenario based questions, situational judgement and watson glaser all rolled into one, i think... any advice and pointers would be great! i've not done one this extensive before and it says you can't really prepare for it but i'm a skeptic👀👀👀👀👀👀

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.