2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlRJ

Esteemed Member
Jun 23, 2019
hello! has anyone gone through the BCLP online test? it has scenario based questions, situational judgement and watson glaser all rolled into one, i think... any advice and pointers would be great! i've not done one this extensive before and it says you can't really prepare for it but i'm a skeptic👀👀👀👀👀👀
I completed it a couple of days ago and I don't think you can really prepare for it other than having BCLP's key skills/attributed and values at hand. It is very similar to Linklater's CAP test (if you have completed this) and has a mini critical thinking test at the end. its also not timed which eases some pressure. Good luck! :)

Reactions: BiancaM

BiancaM

Distinguished Member
  • Apr 10, 2021
    I completed it a couple of days ago and I don't think you can really prepare for it other than having BCLP's key skills/attributed and values at hand. It is very similar to Linklater's CAP test (if you have completed this) and has a mini critical thinking test at the end. its also not timed which eases some pressure. Good luck! :)
    thank you!! i did it two days ago, i dont think i was sent a confirmation email or anything, did you?

unbiasedpotato

Standard Member
    Jan 31, 2021
    Just in case anyone was waiting to hear about Freeths' Legal Assistant Scheme, I've emailed them about it and they said they hope to respond to me before the end of the month. They didn't really clarify whether it was rolling or not (deadline for the post being October) but the response suggests it isn't.

FWIW I applied in early April

Reactions: karinny

layk

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 16, 2019
    Has anyone had any experiences with applying to Eversheds using the direct training contract route? Do they look at direct TC apps only if they have not filled their spots through their vac schemes? I am just considering whether my time is invested sensibly should I complete their direct TC app! Thank you all :)
    I actually applied to the TC route last year and didn't get through. Used the same exact applciation and applied for the VS after and got through which seemed like they didn't even look at my application the first time. Also I've heard from a few people that Eversheds mostly recruit from their VS. But maybe worth a try applying for TC if you have the application to hand :)

Reactions: castrooo

BiancaM

Distinguished Member
  • Apr 10, 2021
    no problem! I literally received my report half an hour ago and I did it on Monday evening, so you should receive yours shortly!
    yeah! ahah i literally received it half an hour after i commented here. it's fantastic that we've been offered a tailored feedback report, i wonder if i get a confirmation of whether i pass to the next round or if this means i haven't?

A

Anon 11031

Morning all!

Anyone that applied to Fieldfisher, how long did it take for your online test to come through?

I just submitted (longest amount of time I've ever spent on an application, at least a weeks worth of work). I'll honestly be so upset if I get an immediate PFO.

Georgina Evans

Valued Member
  • Jul 25, 2019
    Morning all!

Anyone that applied to Fieldfisher, how long did it take for your online test to come through?

I just submitted (longest amount of time I've ever spent on an application, at least a weeks worth of work). I'll honestly be so upset if I get an immediate PFO.
    Hey I applied on the 14th May and received my invite for the tests on the 16th May so a couple of days :) hope that helps

• Love
    Reactions: Anon 11031
    A

Anon 11031

Hey, I just saw someone, who applied last summer, celebrating their AC invite for a 2022 direct TC in January. I'm boldly assuming they're non-rolling and they haven't started holding 2023 AC's. I am unsure still.
    Yeah, I don't think I've seen anyone on here saying they have an AC for the direct TC route this year yet. Could be wrong though, probably still worth submitting ☺️❤️

Reactions: TCGIRLLL

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    yeah! ahah i literally received it half an hour after i commented here. it's fantastic that we've been offered a tailored feedback report, i wonder if i get a confirmation of whether i pass to the next round or if this means i haven't?
    I went through the process for the vac scheme - everyone gets a feedback report and then you hear back later about whether you have progressed to the next round or not! Good luck

Reactions: BiancaM
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.