2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Does anyone have a good example of a case to use if asked in an AC? I've previously been using the Business Interruption case - FCA vs Arch & Others, but worry this may be a bit dated now as the judgement was made in January.
    Any help would be much appreciated!!
    To be honest, it's most important to talk about a case youre interested in as opposed to something you think sounds good. January definitely isn't too old for a judgement, especially where business interruption claims are likely to go on for a long time after covid due to the scale of problems experienced.

A M

Distinguished Member
    Dec 28, 2020
    Hi guys,

On the Macfarlanes TC app. in the Other Activities section what did you write as the answer. As the question asks "On this page please give details of time spent out of your education or work, for example time spent overseas."
    Does it has to be specifically about something I did overseas (which wont happen in my case since I have not been overseas) or can I write about anything I do in my spare time.

P.S.- The word count is 50 and they have asked for dates as well. This question is not mandatory.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi guys,

On the Macfarlanes TC app. in the Other Activities section what did you write as the answer. As the question asks "On this page please give details of time spent out of your education or work, for example time spent overseas."
    Does it has to be specifically about something I did overseas (which wont happen in my case since I have not been overseas) or can I write about anything I do in my spare time.

P.S.- The word count is 50 and they have asked for dates as well. This question is not mandatory.
    With a 50-word cap, this is probably going to be a bullet point answer with key points and key dates as opposed to proper extended prose. Have a think about your wider life experiences that don't fall into other categories but are nevertheless relevant.

Reactions: Daniel Boden and A M
    A

Anon 11031

Finally got the phone call - TC with Shoosmiths!

I genuinely cannot thank this community enough, not only for the advice but also for the reassurance and motivation. Application cycles are tough and it’s fantastic to have this community of aspiring lawyers who help one another out!
    Congratulations! You must be so pleased! Make sure to celebrate over the weekend! ❤️🎉

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.