2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anon 11031

Thank you! Had another interview today (but they will get back to me before the deadline of the offer, I understand) so we'll see what happens. But now the pressure's off!
No problem - I'm so happy you didn't let what happened last week falter your performance, I think that's a huge credit to you.

100% - once the pressure is off, it's such a great feeling. Whether you accept this offer or not, definitely time to celebrate! :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Matt_96

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
TC offer from Wedlake Bell!
Congratulations!!

Well Done Bravo GIF by Friends

SJaou

Jan 11, 2021
When, if ever, is an appropriate time to nudge Grad Recruitment?

I applied for a TC on 18th April and haven't heard anything since, other than an acknowledgement last week when I emailed to update my GDL results. I finished a 6-month secondment at the firm at the end of March and was encouraged to apply when applications opened, so I'm a bit stumped. Should I just assume it's bad news at this point?

JoeyTr

Valued Member
  • Jan 4, 2021
    When, if ever, is an appropriate time to nudge Grad Recruitment?

I applied for a TC on 18th April and haven't heard anything since, other than an acknowledgement last week when I emailed to update my GDL results. I finished a 6-month secondment at the firm at the end of March and was encouraged to apply when applications opened, so I'm a bit stumped. Should I just assume it's bad news at this point?
    what firm is it? (if you dont mind sharing)

AspiringSol

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 6
    Nov 9, 2020
    Have you had any thoughts on how you might approach it?
    I actually had to answer this question but I don’t think I gave a good enough answer… I just talked about networking, helping others if my team was quiet and trying to improve processes. I gave examples for these as well from my own experiences. Although, I might have rambled a bit and was not as succinct as I could have been which could have been the bigger issue…

Yas_1

Jul 29, 2021
    Did my dentons telephone interview today! they were lovely but i think because they were so kind i don't know if i did well or they are just always nice lol
    Hey, congratulations on your interview! I was wondering if you’d be willing to speak with me a bit about your experience? I have mine next week and it’s my first TC interview so I’m very nervous! 😣

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I actually had to answer this question but I don’t think I gave a good enough answer… I just talked about networking, helping others if my team was quiet and trying to improve processes. I gave examples for these as well from my own experiences. Although, I might have rambled a bit and was not as succinct as I could have been which could have been the bigger issue…
    I would advise to focus more on your personal strengths in this type of question. This ensures your answer is more unique to you - “why you would stand out” rather than the opportunities to potentially stand out that any trainee could take up (eg networking/helping team members out).

Reactions: AspiringSol
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.