2020-21 Open Days and Insight Events Applications Discussion

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 20, 2020
Rejection from freshfields for the grad workshop :( is it still worth applying for their TC ?
Most definitely!!! Don't give up!! A different comparison, but over the summer I applied to a Links Get Ahead scheme for recent graduates and I got rejected, but last week they gave me a spot on their vac scheme!! Eg, conversely, it could follow that some people who got onto the grad workshop might get complacent and expect the TC, meaning their application is blown out of the water by yours!

NK

Distinguished Member
Jul 28, 2020
Most definitely!!! Don't give up!! A different comparison, but over the summer I applied to a Links Get Ahead scheme for recent graduates and I got rejected, but last week they gave me a spot on their vac scheme!! Eg, conversely, it could follow that some people who got onto the grad workshop might get complacent and expect the TC, meaning their application is blown out of the water by yours!
So true and congrats on getting the links vac scheme!! will be taking that advice on board

Manifesting

Esteemed Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 11, 2020
Acceptance to the Freshfields graduate workshop!!!!! I'm so incredibly happy because none of my winter vacation scheme applications had resulted in interviews and I was starting to loose faith in my abilities as well as motivation to keep going. I would be happy to share any notes from the event if anyone would like that.

NadineBusty

Valued Member
Aug 21, 2019
Acceptance to the Freshfields graduate workshop!!!!! I'm so incredibly happy because none of my winter vacation scheme applications had resulted in interviews and I was starting to loose faith in my abilities as well as motivation to keep going. I would be happy to share any notes from the event if anyone would like that.

would really appreciate if you d share the noted :)

Reactions: Manifesting

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.