2020-21 Open Days and Insight Events Applications Discussion

mho77

Aug 12, 2020
just got W&C open day rejection... wondering if this is a generic response and everyone got this message:

'We would still very much encourage you to apply for a spring or summer vacation scheme. Applications are now open and the deadline to apply is 15 January 2021. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. '

• 🤝
Reactions: Deleted member 8599

K_b1411

Standard Member
Nov 16, 2020
has anyone received an acceptance to W&C open day? should those of us who haven't heard anything just presume it's a rejection at this point?
I contacted them via their website about not receiving a rejection or an acceptance and whether i should assume that I've been rejected. Within 10 minutes, i got a rejection email that was quite generic.

• 🤝
Reactions: Deleted member 8599

K_b1411

Standard Member
Nov 16, 2020
just got W&C open day rejection... wondering if this is a generic response and everyone got this message:

'We would still very much encourage you to apply for a spring or summer vacation scheme. Applications are now open and the deadline to apply is 15 January 2021. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. '
Yes i got the same email.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
does anyone feel like this whole process is very much down to luck??? :'(
I wrote very similar things for w&c and kirkland but got accepted by kirkland and rejected by w&c

They are probably just looking for different things. If you wrote similar things, then one would have fitted the firm better than the other.

Reactions: mho77 and Tushar

Wajahat Jilani

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020

Don’t think this is generic, as I did not get this. Plain old rejection for me.
I’m not sure why but it maybe because I recently applied and was rejected for the winter scheme.

happygoluckyyy

• Nov 6, 2020
    Acceptance to the Freshfields graduate workshop!!!!! I'm so incredibly happy because none of my winter vacation scheme applications had resulted in interviews and I was starting to loose faith in my abilities as well as motivation to keep going. I would be happy to share any notes from the event if anyone would like that.

Hey, I am considering applying to freshfields for the vac scheme would love to hear ur notes!!
    also congrats !!! <3

Reactions: Manifesting

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.