2020-21 Open Days and Insight Events Applications Discussion

D

Deleted member 2707

Rejection from HSF Disputes Open Day! Re-read my application and felt it was very generic. However, I'm unsure of how to make it more specific? I feel that there is only so much I could say about wanting to attend a firm's Open Day... any examples of a successful open day application?

• 🤝
Reactions: ddlt, Aminata and Penelope

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
Rejected for HSF disputes! Got onto their innovation open day on 11th Nov and used the exact same format and writing techniques so quite confused honestly hahahah

• 🤝
Reactions: thirdtimelucky

sebastianyatra

Dec 18, 2019
@ everyone who was rejected for the HSF disputes open day - I was rejected last year and was gutted because I really like the firm, but when making this year's application and looking back at what I wrote last year, I found so many areas where I could improve on. (This time last year, I thought that was the best application I'd ever made!) Got in this year because I just kept soldiering on and attending events that would help me learn more about the firm + general application advice workshops.

I know it's easier said than done right now but don't give up - if anything, you're one step closer to your TC.

Penelope

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    Thank you for responding! Can I ask when you applied and when you heard back?
    I applied quite late (24th) for the open day on the 5th and haven't heard anything still so was just wondering if I have a chance:)
    I applied Oct 18th and heard back on the 21st :) I haven’t seen anyone else on here be invited, but the deadline to accept the invite was yesterday. Maybe you are on a waitlist?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.