2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawgirl1234

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Well that's definitely a PFO then. If I had an AC i don't see why they wouldn't have given me the option to choose dates at the same time as anyone else then.

They more than likely don't hand out all AC offers at the same time. They probably do it in batches and hence why theres only a few dates to choose from. As cliche as it sounds, for now, no news is good news so try stay as positive as possible!

Reactions: WannabeSolicitor24

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Well that's definitely a PFO then. If I had an AC i don't see why they wouldn't have given me the option to choose dates at the same time as anyone else then.
    I wouldn't say this at all. They probably want to see if they fill these AC spots and see how they go! Its never a no until the firm says so!

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    This Bakers AC looks HEAVY! There's like 27 different elements to it and it's my first AC so I'm quite nervous. Other than M&A case studies (which I'm praying for), are there any other areas of law that are common for case study interviews that I might need to brush up on?
    Congrats on the AC, that does sound intense - all the best! Out of interest, does the status on the video interview tab of your application say 'Reviewed' or is it still 'Finished'?

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    This Bakers AC looks HEAVY! There's like 27 different elements to it and it's my first AC so I'm quite nervous. Other than M&A case studies (which I'm praying for), are there any other areas of law that are common for case study interviews that I might need to brush up on?

tWeNtY sEvEn?
    upload_2021-1-12_11-18-29.png

matpart

Star Member
    Jan 2, 2020
    They more than likely don't hand out all AC offers at the same time. They probably do it in batches and hence why theres only a few dates to choose from. As cliche as it sounds, for now, no news is good news so try stay as positive as possible!
    The specifically stated all ACs would be next week and the week after. If the people who received invites got options to interview in those 2 weeks then that's all the spots taken I think

bethbristol

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Oct 30, 2019
    I don't think this is true, when I had my HL AC I was right at the end so only got options of 2 dates but they had been doing other ACs beforehand which I wasn't invited to or given the option of. Also for W&C I had the choice of slots (bit different as they don't have multiple people on each AC time) for about 2 weeks, but they continued interviews after that point. I think its quite common for them to have quite a few different ACs - in fact with it being virtually I can imagine that they might have them even more spread out!

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    The specifically stated all ACs would be next week and the week after. If the people who received invites got options to interview in those 2 weeks then that's all the spots taken I think
    Just because they've invited people to choose between the spots does not mean that they have sent all the invites. There could be 50 spots and they could have only sent 20 invites. I wouldn't lose hope yet

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019

I’ve not done a case study at Bakers but my experience of doing one was that it aligns quite closely with the firms core practice areas. The case study I did had lots of different elements (including some M&A) but it was definitely more advisory and just spotting potential commercial problems and where the firm could help.

For example, mine centred on an influencer who ran a coffee business and had a joint venture with a friend who created a new product. You had do deal with all the potential problems involved in the multilayered case so yeah, I’d advise reading up on the firm’s core areas and reading the news and maybe brushing up on things like balance sheets etc as they can be used in case studies! Sorry if I’m rambling, well done and good luck! ⭐️

• 🤝
    Reactions: Holly
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.