2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lol123456781

Standard Member
Nov 12, 2020
Hi, I've never done a video or telephone interview before so would really really appreciate any help!!!!
Both general advice and specific advise for the Mishcon VI, Simmons and Simmons VI and the Dentons telephone interview.
I am new to TCLA so I am unsure if these questions were previously asked but would really really appreciate the help. thank you!!!!!!!

• 🏆
Reactions: Mea

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
Hi, I've never done a video or telephone interview before so would really really appreciate any help!!!!
Both general advice and specific advise for the Mishcon VI, Simmons and Simmons VI and the Dentons telephone interview.
I am new to TCLA so I am unsure if these questions were previously asked but would really really appreciate the help. thank you!!!!!!!

Try the search bar at the top right-hand side of the screen. ;)

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Invitation from Willkie Farr & Gallagher for their video interview!

Can't remember who wrote this in the forum, but do treat each step up the application process as an achievement! As horrendous as this process is, if its your genuine ambition, you'll find the courage to keep going!

Congratulations! May I ask when you applied?

c1070

Esteemed Member
Mar 4, 2020
If anyone is feeling a bit fed up with applications particularly those who are on their second or third cycle and looking for a bit of Friday good news/motivation...last summer both the vac schemes I secured were cancelled entirely, so I was feeling pretty miserable about my chances.

I have applied to CMS 3 years in a row, and got the call today to offer me a place on their summer scheme!!!! I interviewed there in my first cycle and it was my first ever AC and it was a disaster on my end, and this year I can’t emphasise enough how much I realised how far I’d come during the AC process!!! I’m over the moon!!

So much thanks to the TCLA community - I was pretty active last cycle but have been a bit of a lurker this year, but can’t recommend the resources enough!

Helpme12345

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020
If anyone is feeling a bit fed up with applications particularly those who are on their second or third cycle and looking for a bit of Friday good news/motivation...last summer both the vac schemes I secured were cancelled entirely, so it was feeling pretty miserable about my chances.

I have applied to CMS 3 years in a row, and got the call today to offer me a place on their summer scheme!!!! I interviewed there in my first cycle and it was my first ever AC and it was a disaster on my end, and this year I can’t emphasise enough how much I realised how far I’d come during the AC process!!! I’m over the moon!!

So much thanks to the TCLA community - I was pretty active last cycle but have been a bit of a lurker this year, but can’t recommend the resources enough!
Massive Congratulations!

Which resources/courses did you use? I have my AC next week and would love general advice!

Reactions: FL0011

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
I wouldn't necessarily say so. They receive a lot of applications and it's not been two weeks yet. This may be wishful thinking but I'm trying to stay positive for at least another week or two.

Good! Most firms send out tests and interview invites in batches. Best of luck to you both :)

Emily K

Valued Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 29, 2018
If anyone is feeling a bit fed up with applications particularly those who are on their second or third cycle and looking for a bit of Friday good news/motivation...last summer both the vac schemes I secured were cancelled entirely, so I was feeling pretty miserable about my chances.

Love hearing these success stories, congratulations!! It's my third application cycle so hearing this just motivates me to keep on going :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.