2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmen H

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Can anyone that has had any previous success with Orrick / has already completed their application share what kind of things they wrote in the cover letter? I'm feeling clueless as usually I would write about why I want to be a commercial lawyer, extracurricular things that demonstrate the qualities a commercial lawyer would need, and explain why I'm applying to this specific firm over the others, but in the Orrick app there are other questions that literally ask these exact questions?

The cover letter word limit is 500 words too!! PLS HELP :(

Reactions: Manifesting

Kola

Legendary Member
Sep 27, 2020
I emailed them today since I submitted my application on the 5th of October and thought they'd forgotten about me. Good to know there are others in the same boat, I'll let you know if they reply with anything worth mentioning.

Okay so I got a reply from them... telling me that I had been rejected but they forgot to send out the email lol

• Sad
Reactions: Holly and MzM

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
It was for the 2022 training contract! I applied last year but they only interviewed candidates in October due to covid.
On that note, I spoke to grad rec re the 2022 direct TC applications and she said they will review the, until next month. I still have not heard back from Orrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.