2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jooooopp7

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 25, 2019
Has anyone else missed emails from law firms in their inbox, they don't even go to junk for me, just completely don't show up?? I was so luck today, as I logged into the reed smith portal to update my application and saw that they had sent me the SST but I would have completely missed it otherwise! I'm not sure how to direct the emails into my inbox though, could anyone help?

Kablahc

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    Has anyone else missed emails from law firms in their inbox, they don't even go to junk for me, just completely don't show up?? I was so luck today, as I logged into the reed smith portal to update my application and saw that they had sent me the SST but I would have completely missed it otherwise! I'm not sure how to direct the emails into my inbox though, could anyone help?
    This happened to me with Dentons' WG a couple months ago, it seems like certain application portals have glitches where they don't notify candidates of progression!

MJ90

Esteemed Member
  • Jan 9, 2020
    For the V&E Vi, does anyone reckon grad rec can see how many times you recorded before you send?

I might be overthinking but I thought it could be some sort of implicit challenge (considering for the W&C VI someone mentioned above-15secs to prep and 90 no re record, the V&E one just seems too fair!)

DJMG

Star Member
    Dec 20, 2020
    Thank you Dheepa!

I agree. It's just after talking with people from both, I am having trouble between Baker and Hogans. I feel both have great opportunities and D&I initiatives, but i'm still clueless 😅

This made me wonder-if a firm has multiple people it offers vac schemes to pull out because of clashes with another firm's scheme, who do they offer these spare places to?

Helpme12345

Valued Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    For the V&E Vi, does anyone reckon grad rec can see how many times you recorded before you send?

I might be overthinking but I thought it could be some sort of implicit challenge (considering for the W&C VI someone mentioned above-15secs to prep and 90 no re record, the V&E one just seems too fair!)
    I’m pretty sure it explicitly stated that they wouldn’t be able to see. But regardless, I think the point was to ensure no one had an unfair advantage by finding out the questions before and is just aimed to find out about our personality rather than how we can cope with timings, so I wouldn’t worry!

• 🤝
    Reactions: MJ90

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    Still waiting, having submitted in November... anyone else still waiting too?
    It seems like they got back to quite a few people a few days after the deadline and some people have already been given offers but haven’t heard anything in the past two weeks. I applied to the scheme that starts in less than a month & they generally don’t transfer people in schemes so it’s looking like a delayed PFO for me.

Reactions: Samantha

NA27

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 19, 2020
    I applied for W&C on the day of deadline for spring and haven't heard yet, assuming it's a rejection :/
    Have some faith! It's disheartening but hopefully it works out :)
    Could someone who has completed a White & Case video interview please let me know how much time you get to prepare and answer each question? Thanks very much
    Hi there! Congratulations on the VI and best of luck ahead. May I ask if this is for spring or summer? Thank you :)

Reactions: Etudierlaw2022

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    This made me wonder-if a firm has multiple people it offers vac schemes to pull out because of clashes with another firm's scheme, who do they offer these spare places to?
    I’m not too sure about this myself. I always thought that if a firm has been turned down and so have a couple of spare spots on the VS it’s no great loss to them because either way firms take in more VS students than they have TC spaces?

@Jessica Booker

Reactions: DJMG

AAA_a

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 14, 2019
    I know a few of them explicitly say that they will get back to us in Feb and March, and for some other firms, I sent in the applications towards the end of their application window (mid or late January), but so far complete silence from all these firms, is that normal at all? (all for Summer VS except Freshfields Direct TC)

Travers Smith
    Kirkland
    Dechert
    White & Case
    Latham
    Shearman
    Covington
    Freshfields
    Cooley
    Winston & Strawn
    Ropes Gray
    MoFo
    Gibson Dunn

JoeyTr

Valued Member
  • Jan 4, 2021
    v&e pfo

Nbc GIF by Superstore

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.