2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRW

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Congrats both on the interviews! I suppose a similar question to the above post - how long have Jones Day given you between invite & interview?
They send you an email and you choose which date/time slot is best for you. I was surprised to see how long they give you! Options were like 19th, 24th, 25th Nov so they give you a while.

• ℹ️
Reactions: nicole88 and JJP

sabma

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 22, 2018
Anyone heard from Latham & Watkins or Linklaters re Winter Vac scheme?
I applied quite close to the deadline for both, I haven't heard anything. I've heard some people have been fully accepted onto the Links VS tho.

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
Anyone heard from Latham & Watkins or Linklaters re Winter Vac scheme?
I applied quite close to the deadline for both, I haven't heard anything. I've heard some people have been fully accepted onto the Links VS tho.
I was told only those on the pathfinder scheme had their ACs this week so they will hear back and then they’ll move onto everyone else (links tend to get back very quickly after AC)

• ℹ️
Reactions: OB, TC4me and NadineBusty

Law_Grad1

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Got invited to AC for Ashurst just now, but there is no pending invite in the app portal for the interview. Is there ever/usually a delay with this? I've been super paranoid about any good news lately.

Well done on getting an AC! It took an hour or two for the invite to show up in my app portal. I would check again in an hour or two - if nothing by tomorrow morning then just shoot the team an email.

• ℹ️
Reactions: whisperingrock

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Anyone have any experience with the Bristows VI?

Is that for the workshop? I’m still waiting to hear! I applied way back in August so not holding out much hope given the first workshop is a week or two away.

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Just got the VI invite for Simmons. I did it last year so definitely not hopefully bc I was hopeless at the tests, I’ll be interested to see how the written exercise is!

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    It took me 12 days between the SJT and VI + other tests invite. It could take longer now because it is around the deadline and I assume there are many last minute apps. I have read somewhere that if you have not passed the SJT, you get an automatic rejection in just a couple of days time.
    Ah so in some ways no news is good news, tbh only completed it 2 days ago

Reactions: nicole88
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.