Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
DWF PFO
The email said:

We were extremely impressed with your application however, so we highly recommend that you apply for the direct training contract if you have not already done so.

And now I’m so annoyed I applied for the vac scheme and TC at the same time 💔

Will DWF still consider my application for the TC even though I was rejected from the VS and applied at the same time??
I asked last year and they said that you could. They do tend to offer TC's to vac schemers though, so there may not be too many positions leftover afterwards. Last year I applied for the direct TC after being unsuccessful and I don't think that they even reviewed any of the applications for that office...

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Guys, I have a Reed Smith assessment centre next week and appreciate some help on the strength-based interview. Anyone done it this year or last year I would appreciate some advice on it and whether I would also get competency questions in the strength-based interview and should I use STAR in the interview for my answers. Thank you in advance.

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    sitting here crying bc I got a VI for BCLP - I keep looking at the email to double check that I didn't just dream it up out of sheer willpower
    does ANYONE have any tips bc this is my first ever VI and BCLP are probably my favourite ever firm and I don't want to screw it up
    also, just wanna say thanks to everyone on here - I 100% used tips and advice from here in my app so thank you all ♥️

for those wondering - I applied on 28/01 so like 3 days before the deadline
    Congrats!!! For some reason I was under the impression that BCLP's 2nd stage was a telephone interview with a member of GR, has this changed to a VI? Hope you smash it.

Reactions: cryingoverTCs

KS94

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 21, 2018
    I asked last year and they said that you could. They do tend to offer TC's to vac schemers though, so there may not be too many positions leftover afterwards. Last year I applied for the direct TC after being unsuccessful and I don't think that they even reviewed any of the applications for that office...
    Last year DWF were hit hard by COVID. They reduced their intake drastically so yep - they didn't even look at direct TCs as they filled their positions from their vac scheme.

However, they are in a different position now and I would encourage people to try the direct route!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Adrian_Healey and MandyAA

MandyAA

Distinguished Member
    Jan 20, 2021
    I really hope there are spaces left over this year. I also applied for the direct TC last year and they had filled all the places 😭

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    sitting here crying bc I got a VI for BCLP - I keep looking at the email to double check that I didn't just dream it up out of sheer willpower
    does ANYONE have any tips bc this is my first ever VI and BCLP are probably my favourite ever firm and I don't want to screw it up
    also, just wanna say thanks to everyone on here - I 100% used tips and advice from here in my app so thank you all ♥️

for those wondering - I applied on 28/01 so like 3 days before the deadline
    Well at least you’re staying true to your username! Well done on the VI

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Friends, a question.

One of my applications is asking me to discuss "something many people don't know about me." I'm sort of unclear how to approach this. At first, I thought maybe I should talk about my struggles growing up as a RAGING HOMOSEXUAL in a largely conservative family. But I worry that might actually be too "personal." This leads me to ask: how personal can we get here? The whole "tell us something people don't about you" seems like it gives us space to do so. I'm just worried it'll seem unprofessional. @Jessica Booker do you know if this is something recruitment teams find off-putting?

Last edited:

KADELE

Standard Member
    Feb 10, 2021
    At this point I'm assuming it's a PFO from DLA, but I'll ask anyway! I applied close to the deadline and haven't heard anything (London 1st pref, Leeds 2nd)- I've logged onto my portal and it says that the submission status is "Completed", updated around mid-January. Does anyone who's had a PFO from them know if "completed" equates to a rejection?

21wajsz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 3, 2020
    At this point I'm assuming it's a PFO from DLA, but I'll ask anyway! I applied close to the deadline and haven't heard anything (London 1st pref, Leeds 2nd)- I've logged onto my portal and it says that the submission status is "Completed", updated around mid-January. Does anyone who's had a PFO from them know if "completed" equates to a rejection?
    Typically if you can no longer withdraw your submission, it means they've made a decision! I'd say just to email the Grad Rec and get a definitive answer. They respond rather quickly as well :)

Reactions: KADELE

arbitracion

Star Member
  • Sep 28, 2020
    PFO from Covington post-app :(
    Sad Season 12 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.