Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Channon

Standard Member
Jan 12, 2021
For those wondering if Dechert has sent out VIs:

- they have sent out VIs since the start of Jan
- they've had at least 2 ACs so far

It seems to be quite staggered, so I think they're recruiting in batches. I did my VI last week, and applied on the deadline.
I can echo this - @Jony I think we must have got our VIs in the same batch. Only difference is that I applied well before the deadline.

Reactions: Jony

Lily721

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    I think Paul mentioned that they have a 'hold pile' during the open day so it could be that those waiting are in that pile! just a guess though, good luck all! :)

If this is the case, then I think those ”on hold” might still be rejected but encouraged to re-apply. I know Shearman does send such emails. Whatever it is, I wish firms were more prompt with rejections.....it is much better to wait longer and have good news at the end of that, than to be forced to wait months and be rejected.

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    If this is the case, then I think those ”on hold” might still be rejected but encouraged to re-apply. I know Shearman does send such emails. Whatever it is, I wish firms were more prompt with rejections.....it is much better to wait longer and have good news at the end of that, than to be forced to wait months and be rejected.
    I wholly agree, I’m also waiting for quite a few firms post-app including Shearman and the chances seem to be getting slimmer and slimmer, which is not a nice feeling.

Reactions: AJLegacy and law230

Tarnjeet

Esteemed Member
    Oct 20, 2020
    Has anyone not heard back from DLA Piper yet? I’ve read that they’re having problems with gmail accounts, but my status on application portal hasn’t updated- shows the date I completed my WG back in December. Not sure if I should email them?

Reactions: FM302989

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    If I'm asked a question in an interview that I'm a little unsure of, is it better to ask for a bit of time to think about the question? Rather than spurt out anything that comes to mind 🤣 I feel as if the first option seems more feasible but at the same time would your interviewers think this shows you're unprepared?

tk166

Esteemed Member
    Jul 17, 2020
    If I'm asked a question in an interview that I'm a little unsure of, is it better to ask for a bit of time to think about the question? Rather than spurt out anything that comes to mind 🤣 I feel as if the first option seems more feasible but at the same time would your interviewers think this shows you're unprepared?
    I always go for can I have a minute to think, then start your answer with ‘I’m not sure...’ or ‘I’m not really familiar with this topic...’ and then add a ‘but...’ and rephrase the question so you can logically think about it. I think with these questions its more how you compose yourself under pressure more than the answer itself that is important. They want to know you can handle yourself if a client asks a question you don’t know the answer to

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.