2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PositiveVibesOnly

Star Member
Future Trainee
  • Feb 11, 2021
    how accommodating are firms if you request to switch to a different vacation scheme, if you end up having a clash with another scheme?
    Cop out answer but from what I’ve heard from others it really depends on the firm and how late into the application cycle it is (whether they’ve filled spaces on schemes). Usually best to just ask and hope for the best!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Flora2580

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    how accommodating are firms if you request to switch to a different vacation scheme, if you end up having a clash with another scheme?
    Firms will be willing to have a conversation about it. How willing or able they are in moving you will be down to so many individual factors, it can be really hard to give you guidance on this.

There is no harm in asking though. The worst that can happen is they say no and then you have to choose which vac scheme you’d prefer.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Flora2580

TR17

Star Member
    Jul 3, 2020
    Feeling so dejected about my prospects and life today. Applied to 11 places this cycle and rejected from 8 post app, waiting to hear back from 4. Out of those 4, one of them is deep into it’s AC’s so that’s another one gone.

I feel like I’m waiting for my life to start with a TC and I’m just sitting here on pause. I’m also 28 so I just don’t even know how long I can wait for this to happen.

CareerChanger

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    me receiving my mischon post-VI PFO
    PRI_90837828.jpg

Zyyyy

Standard Member
    Jan 29, 2020
    For anyone’s that’s completed/ due to complete the White & Case AC - when do they issue the webex link invite? I’m slightly concerned as my interview is tomorrow at 11:45, and haven’t received any access details. (I just emailed the grad recruitment team, and tried phoning but no pick up as it’s after 5:30)
    Hey how did the AC go?

Hele25

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    Feeling so dejected about my prospects and life today. Applied to 11 places this cycle and rejected from 8 post app, waiting to hear back from 4. Out of those 4, one of them is deep into it’s AC’s so that’s another one gone.

I feel like I’m waiting for my life to start with a TC and I’m just sitting here on pause. I’m also 28 so I just don’t even know how long I can wait for this to happen.
    We could be twins honestly. I’ll tell you what I’ve been telling myself- all we can do is try our absolute best and through that something will happen. No one can be this proactive/put so much effort into something and nothing come of it. It may not be this year or exactly what we envisioned but that’s okay too! Good luck for the rest of them!

law2021

Star Member
    Dec 1, 2020

I know how you feel - I'm an older applicant and I haven't had a particularly successful cycle. I think the one thing I try to keep in mind is that I've had time to hone a number of skills since uni that current students have not had the time to develop just yet. In some ways, we're lucky - we can be a little more creative and pursue non-traditional paths into the profession. Do you have any other non-legal experience that you can leverage? For example, I had experience in marketing so I am helping out in a firm's marketing department. It's not an obvious route to a TC (and I'm not even sure that there will be an opportunity for me at the end of it!) but I am gaining valuable insight into the profession and meeting new people (albeit virtually!). Every experience counts & all you need is one 'yes'! I know you'll get there in the end :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.