2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo M

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jun 6, 2020
    I've just been rejected by a firm post AC that I really had my heart set on. Genuinely gutted as I thought the interview went quite well so it'll be really handy getting feedback. I'm a bit worried as I know that direct TC are apps are even more competitive and they're my only hope this cycle.

How do you guys cope with post AC rejection? Trying to stay positive

KT

Star Member
    Nov 3, 2020
    Okay this is slightly more reassuring. I really hope we hear back soon b/c I’ve been seeing people mention the case study!
    Yeah also some people on this forum said that they have recieved rejections post-app already so no news is not necessarily bad news :) When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

I.Like.UFOs.Not.PFOs

Esteemed Member
    Jan 6, 2021
    Hi. I apologise for posting this on here but this thread seems to be the most active. I need some general advice and have nowhere else to turn to. My issue literally feels like one of those situational judgement questions people gets asked in interviews, but unfortunately this is very real.

Someone I know at university has failed an exam (due to serious issues going on at home). Now, they have offered me money to do their resit for them. I have rejected them for obvious reasons. I have proof of me rejecting them so I am in no way at risk.

However, I have the feeling that they may just go and find someone else who will agree to help them. I want to know if I should report them to the university or not. I sympathise with their position and their home situation, however I feel extremely uncomfortable with knowing about this situation and how it may play out if nobody intervenes.

I just don’t know what to do and am asking for any advice at all. Thank you in advance.

TiredPG

Star Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 6, 2021
    Hi. I apologise for posting this on here but this thread seems to be the most active. I need some general advice and have nowhere else to turn to. My issue literally feels like one of those situational judgement questions people gets asked in interviews, but unfortunately this is very real.

Someone I know at university has failed an exam (due to serious issues going on at home). Now, they have offered me money to do their resit for them. I have rejected them for obvious reasons. I have proof of me rejecting them so I am in no way at risk.

However, I have the feeling that they may just go and find someone else who will agree to help them. I want to know if I should report them to the university or not. I sympathise with their position and their home situation, however I feel extremely uncomfortable with knowing about this situation and how it may play out if nobody intervenes.

I just don’t know what to do and am asking for any advice at all. Thank you in advance.
    If there's serious issues going on at home the university should take that into account variously - uncapped resit, capped resit, extenuating circumstances, repeating the module, pass/fail, etc.

You should tell them to be honest with their personal tutor and ask for help rather than cheating. It is so much easier to just ask for help, there are generally so many procedures in place to get students over the line.

If it was me, I would tell them to go their tutor. I would also flag it with the relevant person.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

MikSoroko

Feb 11, 2021

Personally, I would just leave it as it is - you have said no. Talking to them is a better option first rather than just reporting them - suggest they talk to their personal tutor about extenuating circumstances or an extension, any other options etc.

You also said they have serious issues going on at home, if they are also having mental health issues, I also wouldn't want to be responsible for someone doing something to themselves, you never know what might push someone over the edge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.