Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    Just did my first AC and I am fully ready to nap and forget it
    tired white cat GIF

LeilaScott

Valued Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    Im trying to write an app question on a diversity initiative I was involved with, is it bad vibes to say that the society was predisposed to a white demographic? The whole goal of my role was to change the image and membership of the society to better reflect the university body but seems inflammatory to say white, private school demographic but also don't want to be vague

TiredPG

Star Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 6, 2021
    Im trying to write an app question on a diversity initiative I was involved with, is it bad vibes to say that the society was predisposed to a white demographic? The whole goal of my role was to change the image and membership of the society to better reflect the university body but seems inflammatory to say white, private school demographic but also don't want to be vague
    Perhaps frame it differently if you don't want to say that, i.e. increased xx membership of xx by xx% which fed into the society's diversity and inclusion initiatives?

Reactions: AspiringSol

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Hey! I applied for the Legal Placement and hadn't received an email. I went onto the careers login page to check the progress of my application and it had been updated there. Maybe you could check yours for an update!
    Hi, I said this in my other posts but unfortunately, my portal is broken cause of a tech glitch - its stuck on a weird thing from the 29th of Jan ahahha. But thank you and I hope you got good news!

Reactions: as29

nisadee

Valued Member
    Oct 9, 2019
    There have been a huge number of applications compared to last year's cycle I believe. I've made 29 apps and only had one interview and 10 rejections (and a few others I'm pretty sure are rejections but I haven't heard back from yet). It's been very hard to stand out at all.

But the other side of this is that although it is probably worth improving your applications and CV in the meantime, some elements of what has happened are probably out of your control and just down to sheer numbers. I suspect the summer window will be just as brutal.

Same here. Last year when I was in my penultimate year, I had very quick responses to tests and AC invites even having applied on the deadline. This year, absolutely zilch, despite the fact I secured a vac scheme last cycle and I thought that'd be good experience to showcase!

Do you know how the summer cycle works? Is it just for direct TCs and aren't most of them already practically filled up by vac schemers anyway so is there a point in applying then?

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Adrian_Healey
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.