2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawgirl123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jun 22, 2020
    I just got an Ashurst PFO too. Not surprised as my cognify test scores were low. This was due to a fault which meant the test cut out half way through. I alerted the GR team to this and they refused to let me redo it / suggested I had just ran out of time.. I am 99% sure it was an error with my test. Regardless, I am entitled to extra time anyway which they did not grant me. Not very inclusive in my opinion.

Last edited:

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    They didn’t say if it would be a phone call or email to me, just that I’d be contacted and that they’d arrange a follow up call if unsuccessful for feedback🙂 how did you find yours? The first half of mine was ok but I definitely bombed some of their business questions/the mini case study so not massively hopeful😬
    I still haven't heard back from application, do you think they're still inviting people to interview?

Good luck for yours!

Reactions: Lawstudent1997

FM302989

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    Invitation to Greenberg Traurig's interview and written excercise stage (late upload, invite accepted last week)

I honestly hope this is the one 'YES' after a few dozen applications. I am so physically and mentally drained and unwell from this process overall. Some days are rough, some rejections feel unfair and sometimes it genuinely feels like initiative and a keen attitude go unrewarded. I won't give up...yet!

CareerChanger

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    had JD interview today and i felt ....... attacked?! i’m too emotionally unstable for this
    sorry you had this experience! i don't think JD are known for the softly softly and it's potentially an insight into what they're expecting you to be able to handle if you work for them. i recommend some dairy milk for recovery (other brands are available).

just as an aside, i think one of the things that is easy to overlook in this process - because the firms are the ones offering the jobs - is this is also a way of getting to work out what firms suit us.

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    sorry you had this experience! i don't think JD are known for the softly softly and it's potentially an insight into what they're expecting you to be able to handle if you work for them. i recommend some dairy milk for recovery (other brands are available).

just as an aside, i think one of the things that is easy to overlook in this process - because the firms are the ones offering the jobs - is this is also a way of getting to work out what firms suit us.
    Thank you! I do still like the firm and find their training structure interesting but i guess got a bit shocked and the amount of follow up questions and the way the questions were worded I wasn’t sure if I was speaking enough or answering the q fully!

nisadee

Valued Member
    Oct 9, 2019
    Ashurst PFO! It’s just funny in hindsight how i interacted a lot with the firm on two unique occasions and attended the open day. i literally bought a mouse to do that crazy game test of theirs 😂 meanwhile a firm i applied to on the deadline after considering not to and wasnt that fussed about has invited me to AC.. just goes to show how unpredictable this whole process is!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.