2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FM302989

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    If you do, ensure they are very concise and well structured. You don’t want to rely on them, so they need to be key word reference points rather than word for word phrasing. If you rely on such “script” type approach you can come across as disingenuous as it looks like your thinking isn’t natural/at the forefront of your brain.

If you did do it, I’d go more with key word prompts and maybe in the following format rather than relying on paper on a desk:

View attachment 3059

One of the benefits of video interviews, but interestingly I never find myself looking at them at all. Almost like a safety blanket, but in writing the notes, I knew I was prepped.

I think it's a good idea to write down questions you may want to ask as well

Reactions: cmaj

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi all,

I am delighted to have made it through the M&R AC to the final stage of the vac scheme application process - the interview. So far, I have received no guidance as to the structure of the interview ie. type of questions we will be asked. Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare?

Best wishes
    Luke
    Hey Luke,

A good starting point might be my article on interviews, linked below in my signature. Hope this (and/or other articles) will be a good help!

• Love
    Reactions: Lukespear
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.