Status
Not open for further replies.

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
I have experienced something similar... I had a TC interview at the start of March 2020 for a magic circle firm in which I was rejected. I have requested for feedback multiple times and each time they reply they are ‘too busy at the moment’ to give feedback and will get back to me in due course (doubtful). Very annoying considering how much time I invested prepping for the interview and they can’t even be bothered to give me a few sentences of how I could improve / where I fell short so I can improve for the future!
Its so annoying isn't it! I understand grad rec is extremely busy and it may be difficult to gather feedback but this firm explicitly said they would organise a feedback call in the original rejection email. I contacted them around 3 times in 3 months to organise this call and the response yesterday said that my prior emails were probably lost :( not sure I totally believe that hahahaha

Reactions: FM302989

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Getting a PFO from a scammer pretending to be HMRC would really be a new low though, wouldn't it?
    Most recent low was Klarna telling me they'd filled a role I hadn't even applied to, so maybe a scammer giving me a PFO wouldn't be that bad hahaha

baby lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

tk166

Esteemed Member
    Jul 17, 2020
    I thought the same? hahahah seems risky but I'm vaccinated as I have a part-time job in a pharmacy so full steam ahead I guess??? lol
    Yeah exactly, also not sure how many people they have on their AC but considering they have 40 vac scheme places and 4 ACs then I assume around 15 people per AC, doesnt sound very responsible... anyways, it’ll be my first in person AC!!

tkhkat

Star Member
    Feb 2, 2021
    Latham AC on the last week of March in person? Weird

Yeah exactly, also not sure how many people they have on their AC but considering they have 40 vac scheme places and 4 ACs then I assume around 15 people per AC, doesnt sound very responsible... anyways, it’ll be my first in person AC!!
    This sucks for international candidates like me who are attending university remotely outside the UK 😓 Just emailed them to see if they can organise a virtual AC for me! Hopefully, it'll be less crowded at the office due to people like me who can't attend the ACs in person!

Last edited:

layla rose

Legendary Member
  • Nov 27, 2020
    Also I was thinking there are probably a lot of international students who won’t be able to come to london for the ac..?

Reactions: Daniel Boden and tk166

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I have experienced something similar... I had a TC interview at the start of March 2020 for a magic circle firm in which I was rejected. I have requested for feedback multiple times and each time they reply they are ‘too busy at the moment’ to give feedback and will get back to me in due course (doubtful). Very annoying considering how much time I invested prepping for the interview and they can’t even be bothered to give me a few sentences of how I could improve / where I fell short so I can improve for the future!
    With an attitude like that, and if this has put you off applying again, I would hit them up with a SAR

1615477814008.png

tk166

Esteemed Member
    Jul 17, 2020
    Also I was thinking there are probably a lot of international students who won’t be able to come to london for the ac..?
    This sucks for international candidates like me who are attending university remotely from my home country 😓 Just emailed them to see if they can organise a virtual AC for me! Hopefully, it'll be less crowded at the office due to people like me who can't attend the ACs in person!
    Exactly, seems like end of March is way too early to start hosting in person anything...? Also I’m not 100% sure but as far as I’m aware Latham doesn’t even have any group exercises so to get students to come from all over the country for a single hour long interview doesn’t seem sensible. I’m sure GR know what they’re doing I just can’t see why they are doing it in person is all

layla rose

Legendary Member
  • Nov 27, 2020
    Exactly, seems like end of March is way too early to start hosting in person anything...? Also I’m not 100% sure but as far as I’m aware Latham doesn’t even have any group exercises so to get students to come from all over the country for a single hour long interview doesn’t seem sensible. I’m sure GR know what they’re doing I just can’t see why they are doing it in person is all
    Yes also, in terms of accommodation - hotels won’t be open? Also there are some lockdown changes on 29th March but the dates are before then?

Reactions: tk166

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    I’m not sure they interview that many people. When I did a spring AC with them last year there was me and two other people at the AC.....

Congrats on all the Latham ACs though guys!! Love to see it!

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    Haha trust me, getting a PFO is really not fun! Spent the whole of yesterday beating myself up after a post-AC rejection
    I'm really sorry to hear that! :( I should have corrected myself to say PFO post apps that I haven't hear from for 3-4 months, I agree post-AC rejections are the most painful ones!

• 🤝
    Reactions: breadpitt
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.