Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Yeah thats fair, I'm also very happy to wait! Trying to analyse if its a good or bad sign we haven't been emailed but obviously its never wise to dwell on these things too much as what will be will be!

From what @Jessica Booker has said on the forum, I believe if you took the LPC you would be exempt from SQE1 but would still have to do SQE2!
Yes this is correct. Those who have completed and passed the LPC have an exemption for SQE1 but have to complete SQE2.

This could be part of the reason why Reed Smith are not able to consider LPC candidates though, because the way they have designed their programme means you might not fit into the training structure they have designed due to these exemptions (that is a major assumption by me though).

605B0974-F329-4E21-A66E-CA52F49FF957.jpeg

Reactions: OB

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
Hi @Jessica Booker :) I recently received a VS offer and contacted the firm for feedback regarding my case study and interview. However, the firm contacted me saying they don't give feedback to successful candidates. Is there a particular reason why this might be the case?

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    @Jessica Booker
    Hi Jessica, hope you are well.
    Do you have any advice for a Verbal Commerical Case study? More specifically what it could look like and how to prepare? The interview isn't long less than an hour so I'm just wondering what they would expect of me.
    Hi,

I'd recommend starting with my case study article, available via the link in my signature :)

• ℹ️
    Reactions: NSinger
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.